Best Cigar Under Five Bucks & Best Bundle Deals?...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
In the never ending quest to find a good, cheap cigar to smoke at work I've come across two great el cheapo's. The First is the Arturo Fuente 'Brevas Royal'. At under $3.00 ea it out performs some ten dollar smokes I've come across. The second is the humble, Connecticut made "Topper" made with Conn shade tobacco. Generally, the darker the better with these cigars. They sell for $2.50 ea and are really quite awesome....

What are some of your favorite cheapies?..

Also, I'm looking to buy a few bundles to store away for a few years. Anyone have any bundle suggestions they'd like to share?...

Hey Dock!!!!
All $5 and lower per stick............

CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon Cigars: (Personal all around favorite)
Close to perfection with this CAO gem.

"The CAO L’Anniversaire cigar line was developed in honor of the 30th anniversary of CAO cigars. The Cameroon Series is a highly successful complement to the incredible success of CAO’s L’Anniversaire Maduro Series. In a nutshell, the Cameroon is an unforgettable smoke with a great looking square-pressed shape. Made with reddish-brown Cameroon wrappers from Africa and premium Nicaraguan long-fillers and binders. Mild to medium-bodied in taste and box-pressed - an attractive, high-quality smoke.

Great news! The L’Anniversaire Cameroon has been named one of Cigar Aficionado’s Top 50 Cigars. Along with a ’92’ rating......"

Brickhouse: "Brick House is a gorgeous Nicaraguan puro crafted with a dark, reddish-brown Habano wrapper and a robust blend of Nicaraguan long-fillers. The result is a medium to full-bodied smoke that’s rich, flavorful, and smooth. Notes of earth, cedar, pepper, and coffee are complemented by a toasty, slightly sweet finish. Well-made, tasty, and modestly priced.

Brick House received a well-deserved 92-rating and ’Top 25’ cigar honors in 2010. The reviews noted: "It’s hard to beat the bang-for-the-buck factor of the cigar, a $5 Nicaraguan Puro with copious amounts of flavor. It smacks of sweet wood and tea with a toasty aftertaste."

Punch Bareknuckle Cigars - The new full-bodied evolution of a legend.

"This little number, rightfully called Punch Bareknuckle, deserves 10s across the board, that’s for sure. When you’re Punch Bareknuckle, the grass is already as green as it’s ever gettin’ and it’s always sunny in Philadelphia. One of the most respected brand names in the world - Punch, a stout, exceedingly tasty blend, and a highly attractive price point. Yeah, this thing’s a homerun. Draped in an oily, richly-hued Ecuadorian Habano Sun-Grown wrapper and jam-packed with long-fillers from Honduras and Nicaragua, this Punch cigar brings the ’wow’ in droves. A looker that tastes even better, Punch Bareknuckle cigars deliver a full-bodied, full-flavored profile that’s layered with notes of pepper, earth, espresso, and sweet cedar. Bold, but impressively smooth, this new handmade is certifiably delicious".

Casa Magna: "A 93-rated gem! Casa Magna is the brainchild of two of the cigar industry’s most revered manufacturers, Manuel Quesada and Nestor Plascencia. This Nicaraguan Puro is full-bodied and moderately priced. Comprised of Ligero and Viso fillers from several different regions of Nicaragua and a beautiful Cuban-seed Ligero Colorado wrapper, the Casa Magna is had-rolled in Plascencia’s Nicaraguan Factory. The result is a smooth, rich, full-bodied cigar with undertones of coffee and sweet spices. A well-made slow-burner at a great price."

Cigar Aficionado rated Casa Magna the #1 cigar of 2008 with an outstanding 93-point rating. Additionally, it’s still going strong, earning the #10 spot for 2011.

My favorite right now, at just a little over $2.00 per stick, is the Jesus Fuego Originales, in Natural, Maduro, and Sangre De Toro, which has a spicy kick to it. These are the best value in the industry right now, in my opinion.

J_-Fuego-IPCPR-2011-3-480x330.png

off the top of my head these are some great inexpensive cigars, there are plenty more out there but this should get you started:

por larranaga petit coronas
partagas shorts
jose l piedra cazadores
rafael gonzalez panetela extras
por larranaga panetelas

Way too many good sticks to list them all in that category, but like any tobacco it's all about personal preference.

I'll only list one of my all time favorites. El Rey del Mundo Robusto Larga.

Doc, this link you may enjoy: cigarchronicles.com

Dutch":7q32yifm said:
My favorite right now, at just a little over $2.00 per stick, is the Jesus Fuego Originales, in Natural, Maduro, and Sangre De Toro, which has a spicy kick to it. These are the best value in the industry right now, in my opinion.

Dutch, in that price point, you are spot-on. Nothing even close.

But, let me show you something in a 4buck cigar that will KILL YA! :)

Tatuaje Petit Cazadores Reserva. $198 for a 50ct cabinet.

That is $3.76 a stick.

Behike 54, I will certainly give those a try. My local B&M just got in several new Tatuaje's, and those just may be in the mix. Thank you for the heads up! :D

Here are some smokes I've had that really outshine their price point:

Arturo Fuente Curly Head (These are only a couple bucks a piece)
Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente (Nat, Mad, or SG)
Hemingway Short Story (These usually run just over $5)
Tabaco Baez SF Series
La Reloba Mexico and Habano (haven't tried the Sumatra yet)
Rocky Patel The Edge Sumatra (if you can find someone with them in stock)
Partags 1845 (Robustos can be had for $5 or under - Check out CI's 10 pack Herf-A-Dor deal on these 10 sticks and 10 ct Herf-A-Dor for $37.99!)
Oliva Serie G (Cameroon or Maduro) - My local has Cam toros for $4.50
CAO CX2
H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon
Perdomo Cabinet Cameroon
Room 101 San Andreas 113
Tatuaje Petit Cazadores Reserva

Some are right around the $5 price point, a couple a little over and some under...

Gran Habano 3sls
Arturo Fuentes Rothchilds Maduro
Patel Bros Next Generation
Olivia Connecticut reserve petite corona
Second those Tatuaje Reserves and the Edge Summatras as well :)

Dutch":kvb5tkc2 said:

Dutch,

So far I have only found 1 place online that sells these. do you know of any others?

DrumsAndBeer":8xa66kig said:
Dutch":8xa66kig said:

Dutch,

So far I have only found 1 place online that sells these. do you know of any others?
Cigar Place has a lower price than CI, but they usually stay sold out. Here is the CI link.....

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=CS-JFO&cat=3

Dutch":hk17qfpt said:
DrumsAndBeer":hk17qfpt said:
Dutch":hk17qfpt said:

Dutch,

Cigar Place has a lower price than CI, but they usually stay sold out. Here is the CI link.....

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=CS-JFO&cat=3
Thanks. I ordered a couple 5 packs of the Origens. I can't seem to locate the Maduro or Sangre De Toro versions. I'll keep my eyes open for them in the future.

Much obliged.

Chris

i've had authentic cubans and a few other tasty selects, yet i haven't found a better all around great cigar than Amish Palmas..i first had one like 8 years ago and they were obviously a bit cheaper back then..came out to about $1.25 per cigar. They are just a tad more now but not by much..Located in Lancaster, PA, the only place to get them in in Lancaster, or on this particular site. They sell 5 backs all the way down at the bottom of the website, and also bulks of 50 for $70 bucks. i gave one to my pastor a couple years ago and he was astonished as well, said "i feel like i'm smoking a graham cracker"..definitely worth a try..

http://amishshop.com/cgi-local/hazel.cgi?action=serve&item=cigars.htm

I haven't smoked a cigar for nearly two years, since picking up the pipe. Today, I'm in Jacksonville NC on vacation. The wife/mother needed to run up to the local Walmart for a few supplies. So I dropped them off and headed to the "Northwoods Cigar & Tobacco Shop". Not much for pipes, so I bought a few cigars. I went with a Saint Luis Rey Rotschild. $4.XX and a pretty good smoke. I'm grabbing another now to do some fishing. I forgot how convenient a cigar is for outdoor activities.

The shop is having their first "Pipe Night" on the 26th, after we have left of course. C&D is coming to do a presentation, it should be pretty good if anyone is in the Jacksonville NC (Camp Legune) area.

I was spending the last week and a half on Topsail Island, NC and just puffed away on pipes most of the week. It was spectacular weather and a really relaxed area to enjoy. Didn't realize there was a shop in Jacksonville or I might have ventured over there. But on the way back home to New England I made the stop at JR's and picked up some great smokes. Being in that humidor I'm like a kid in a candy store. LOL
Andy

Back on topic. My favorite bundle cigar are the La Aurora Robustos. Mild to Medium with a Cameroon wrapper and less than $3 per cigar. Mike's Cigars has em.

Steveaux,
Great post, as a matter of fact I just picked up both of those cigars at JR's last week!!!! :D :D