Best Crew I've Ever Worked With

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natch

Geographer Ultimo
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
This is probably the last year for me reffing high school soccer. For some reason. I can't quite understand why, a short, mid-70's old guy with a bum leg and arm (and brain, but we won't go there!) can't run faster than 18 year old varsity athletes, boys or girls. I had 17 glorious years pissing off coaches, parents, and players alike. I have one more double (girls varsity then boys varsity) tomorrow and that will probably be it.

But, the other day we the best crew I believe I have worked with. The young lady to my right is an up and coming star, and centered the girls game beautifully. The fellow to my left usually doesn't do high school games, he's usually sent around the country for upper level college games and even works pro leagues up to MLS. What a gem.

Attachments

• 4-24 best crew ever.jpg
    4-24 best crew ever.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 4
This is probably the last year for me reffing high school soccer. For some reason. I can't quite understand why, a short, mid-70's old guy with a bum leg and arm (and brain, but we won't go there!) can't run faster than 18 year old varsity athletes, boys or girls. I had 17 glorious years pissing off coaches, parents, and players alike. I have one more double (girls varsity then boys varsity) tomorrow and that will probably be it.

But, the other day we the best crew I believe I have worked with. The young lady to my right is an up and coming star, and centered the girls game beautifully. The fellow to my left usually doesn't do high school games, he's usually sent around the country for upper level college games and even works pro leagues up to MLS. What a gem.
My dad got a red card in the stands one time. Thanks for your service.

My dad got a red card in the stands one time. Thanks for your service.
I've red carded parents, coaches, and ran in terror from a "lady" charging the field because her little cupcake was taken out by a very legal but rough slide tackle. My wife described her as looking like she had been "ridden hard and hung up wet". Security had to "assist" her out of the soccer park.