BEST DEAL ON PIPE CLEANERS

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
I'm sure most everyone looks for the best deal on pipe cleaners, I know I do.
Was just wondering what has been your best deal and where?
I go through pipe cleaners pretty quick, specially when I'm doing a lot of customer restores.
I generally go for brand names like BJ long or Dill's cause you never know what quality your going to get with off brands. I just bought BJ longs regular 10 packs of 100 each for $27, thought that was pretty good considering Dill's are going for a $1.49 a pack of 32.

keen smoke":rrkil2q2 said:
Buy the case (48 packs of 56) for a 10% discount at SP:

http://www.smokingpipes.com/accessories/pipe-supplies/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=725

Equates to about $1 per 56 cleaners
Yeah, that is a better deal, just don't have $48 now.
If this is there standard price I will order from them next time though.

BUT, after adding shipping it's $60 which makes it $1.25 per 36 with the 10% discount. Still a good deal but, spending $60 on pipe cleaners hurts.

My 1000 cleaners were free shipping.

I get my pipe cleaners at a chain for cigarettes and RYO called Bob's. They have a few things for pipes like a card of MM pipes and a selection of Borkium Riff, etc. They are tapered and have soft/bristle options.

There are 44 cleaners in a bundle, and the bundle is 99 cents plus sales tax. The brand is Randy's.

The gal at the counter told me the other day that her uncle smokes a pipe, and he said the Randy's were the best.

Jrcigars has bj long 100 packs 1.50 each with 5.00 flat rate shipping comes out to 20.00 for 10 packs shipped.

Well, It would seem I need to do more shopping around.

I find that the wire in Dill's bends too easily, and the cotton has too great a tendency to pill and come loose. BJ Longs are good and serviceable. Gloredo was a good brand, but required a really open pipe in order to fit it in the stem. I haven't seen this brand in a while, and my guess is it is no longer being made because none of the online suppliers seem to carry it. Too bad, because each pack contained a shank brush in addition to the pipe cleaners. My favorite brand of bristle pipe cleaners was the Ream 'n Kleen which in addition to the regular bristle pipe cleaners also made a product called Fluffy-Tails, a tapered pipe cleaner. The advantage to this brand is that the wire was the stiffest of any brand of pipe cleaner, and the bristles were also a bit stiffer, so it really gave the pipe a good scrubbing. But all good things come to an end, and the company ceased manufacture within the past year. We may find that in time pipe cleaners may be increasingly hard to come by, and we may be left with the things made for elementary school arts and crafts classes. Won't that be a lark, cleaning our pipes with yellow pink blue green and so forth pipe cleaners? We'll be afraid to set foot outside the house.

ravkesef":euahaflb said:
I find that the wire in Dill's bends too easily, and the cotton has too great a tendency to pill and come loose.  BJ Longs are good and serviceable.  Gloredo was a good brand, but required a really open pipe in order to fit it in the stem. I haven't seen this brand in a while, and my guess is it is no longer being made because none of the online suppliers seem to carry it. Too bad, because each pack contained a shank brush in addition to the pipe cleaners. My favorite brand of bristle pipe cleaners was the Ream 'n Kleen which in addition to the regular bristle pipe cleaners also made a product called Fluffy-Tails, a tapered pipe cleaner. The advantage to this  brand is that the wire was the stiffest of any brand of pipe cleaner, and the bristles were also a bit stiffer, so it really gave the pipe a good scrubbing.  But all good things come to an end, and the company ceased manufacture within the past year. We may find that in time pipe cleaners may be increasingly hard to come by, and we may be left with the things made for elementary school arts and crafts classes. Won't that be a lark, cleaning our pipes with yellow pink blue green and so forth pipe cleaners?  We'll be afraid to set foot outside the house.
I find the opposite, Dills shed less then BJ's and I use both because the Dill's will fit stems the BJ's just won't and I'm not talking about the tapered ones. And I also use the tapered ones. Currently I use 4 different type including Dill's Bristle. That's what happens when your OCD like me.

Cigar2you":ml6tkyaa said:
Jrcigars has bj long 100 packs 1.50 each with 5.00 flat rate shipping comes out to 20.00 for 10 packs shipped.
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check this out!