better later than now?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dix Creek

Reaction score
I was wondering if it is just me or do many tobaccos taste better after they have been de-tinned (not a word I think) and jarred and left to sit for a month or more? just curious as to others experiences

I would say there is a benifit to letting tobaccos breath once opened, similar to a fine wine. I think this is especially important when dealing with aged tobacco.

I've found that even a little aging is better than none.  Also, the tobacco has had a chance to breathe, as others have mentioned.

Depends on the tobacco, depends on the person. If it works, keep doing it. If it doesn't, try something else. :)

Good (& adequately aged) wine does (so they say), so it's no surprise that (ditto) tobacco does.

At least in my experience. It'll never retain that just-opened magic. But oftentimes, tobacco that was initially disappointing will get its legs under it & become coherent with air time in the jar. It's such a common occurrence (noted in reviews as something surprising but almost never otherwise) it's a wonder why awareness of it hasn't become part & parcel of the received wisdom of pipery.

:face: