Beware: fraudulent pipes & tobacco website

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airborne

Reaction score
We’ve had many new members recently so it’s worthwhile to post this again. Don’t buy anything from smokerpipe.com. It’s a fraudulent website. They hijacked smokingpipes products (pictures and written descriptions) and are trying get your credit card information. Two of my pipes (a Castello Pot & a Becker Bulldog) that I bought from smokingpipes last summer are on the smokerpipe website. The people in South Carolina are aware of this but apparently they can’t do much about it.

[align=justify]It's a real shame these Chinese jerks can forge websites to look like legitimate ones with apparently no legal problems. The one you referenced site uses smokershavens layout and header and smokingpipes photos and descriptions.

There's another website that's operated by these same Chinese jerks called tobaccopipeshop.com that uses E.A. Carey's header name and some wording along smokingpipe's photos and descriptions. Unlike smokerpipe.com, this one does show they accept PayPal,Visa and Mastercard. However I don't think they have secure checkout nor 35 Alex Florov partially sandblasted Rhodesians in stock. :lol:

If you want to see the other scams these jerks have devised, do a search for HICHINA ZHICHENG TECHNOLOGY LTD.

Also, to determine the authenticity you can find the domain registrant at this website, for example-- http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/smokerpipe.com

Good luck and be careful.

Jim

[/align]

I believe the search engines can be made notified of such sites, and will have warning pages that the visitor sees before they enter.