Big Ben

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nauticalwheeler

Reaction score
Hello Brothers,
I just won a Big Ben Jumbo off of Ebay. I don't know anything about this pipe or manufacturer. I have not seen any posts about this brand, and I have found nothing online about the "jumbo" series. I paid $26.00 for the pipe. Did I do okay? I would post a pic, but I am having trouble "borrowing" the image from Ebay.

Found this online, hope it helps.

Big Ben pipes are created by Gubbels & Sons of Holland. The Gubbel's shop was chosen by Holland's royal family as the only "Royal Dutch" purveyor of pipes. Gubbels is one of the most modern and technologically advanced pipe factories in the world.

I have 2 Big Ben Barbados one is dedicated to H&H Virginia Spice the other one is dedicated to GL Pease's s Fillmore they smoked like a dream from the first light.

I also have several Big Ben Barbados pipes and they are great little smokers! Congrats!

I have a Big Ben Jumbo identical to the one you have. How do I know that? You're the person that outbid me.

I have a smallish Big Ben Imperial bent apple that is one of my favorite aro smokers. For a relatively inexpensive pipe (when I bought it from Frenchys now defunct e-tailer shop back in the day), it has very good internal "engineering" and stem-mortise fit. For some reason, these internals resemble to me those of some Peterson pipes. Pretty decent briar too.

I got the Big Ben in yesterday and am very impressed. Frog Morton smoked cool and dry. The only issue I have is some dark brown tarnish on the bit. I tried using the buffing wheel on my Drimmel, but that only made it brighter. Any suggestions?