Big Pipes for big smokes.....Happy Holidays

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LIPIPE

Reaction score
I've PADed myself up to thirty three pipes. Of those the really big ones are my prize smokers. The no name rusticated billiard in my avatar, a Yorkshire Oom Paul, a Savinelli Hercules 619EX, a Nording freehand, and a Pete KinsaleXL20. Funny thing is whenever I smoke a more standard sized pipe I seem to only find that I've had a half of a smoke. I guess it's like an all day sucker. Once experienced, everything else is just a lollypop. I hope all you men get yourselves at least one big boy for the holidays if you don't already have one. It's not as good as winning the lottery, but, it will put a handsome smile on your face.

Agreed Marty! This big ol' Nording I bought from Nathan is very close to my favorite pipe, if not my absolute favorite!

Nording.jpg

Simple Man":bv24zsps said:
Agreed Marty! This big ol' Nording I bought from Nathan is very close to my favorite pipe, if not my absolute favorite!

Nording.jpg
PadMonster200.png

Though my daily preference is for pipes in the grp3 or grp 4 range, I do have two exlg pipes for those long flake smokes :p One is my Hercules 510EX st. bulldog which can give me a 2 hour smoke with one of my Balkans and my Bacchus carved meer which will give me a 2 1/2 hour smoke with some of my Va flakes. I'm not a "one light" smoker, rather I follow my sipping "smokus interuptus" manner with these as I do with all my pipes.
My Hercules:
002-033-53701.jpg

My Bacchus meer:
559899696_o1.jpg

Your bacchus meer is outstanding. I would only smoke that in public while armed. That pipe deserves protection.

LIPIPE":nyptzqfs said:
Your bacchus meer is outstanding. I would only smoke that in public while armed. That pipe deserves protection.
Thanks. I got it earlier this summer and usually give it a smoke once a week, especially when I watch a DVD movie or the Cowboys game :p The Hercules is the largest briar I own and I would not want one bigger :p

Hey Monbla,
Your Bacchus is so big, it doesn't fit on the page!
That, and it's stretching everything else out, like a big gal in a two sizes too small leotard... 8)

Harlock: Love your description. Especially if the gal is big on top and that's the part hanging out. The sight of that might make the pipe fall right out of my kisser.

Those are some nice big pipes, I love that Savinelli has the EX size and have 2 320EX myself.

That Bacchus is a real piece of art, too, Monbla.

I've got several big pipes; about three pipes that offer an hour and a half smoke, two that I've topped at two hours and my largest pipe I've smoked for over three hours straight. That's the billiard in my display picture. I love big pipes and I agree with you, LIPIPE, there's something special and smile inducing about larger than standard pipes. Really great when you have nothing to do and just want to sit down and relax and think. I love them more when I'm around a camp fire with friends and/or family and I can enjoy a smoke for more than an hour.

I've got three big Nordings. The bowl of one is almost 3" tall. I'll load it with 1792 or Dark Flake and celebrate. I'd load it with Revor but it hurts me to load a bowl that big with something so hard to get. :(