Billy Budd...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happypipester

Reaction score
Currently one of my favorite smokes (thanks to pipefriendchs on youtube for getting me curious about it... and Mario Grandi pipes lol). For me it's just a thoroughly enjoyable tobacco. It burns well (maybe a little fast), and packs a good amt of flavor and nicotine.

What do you guys think of it?

Cheers!
HP

Too much cigar leaf for me - but they'd cut that to whatever percent one wanted.

Ah...I fondly remember Sailorman Jack's ASP posts.

Buddy

A foul,noxious tobacco that offends anyone and everyone.I can't condem this blend
too much,it deserves it. :x

Winslow :sunny:

Buddy Springman":grx4r2ho said:
Too much cigar leaf for me - but they'd cut that to whatever percent one wanted.

Ah...I fondly remember Sailorman Jack's ASP posts.

Buddy
I actually enjoyed the blend, along with purple cow...

I do miss Sailorman Jack's morning posts!

It's probably really good stuff if you can hack it. Many "strong" tobaccos strike me as kind of mild, but BB was just nauseating to me (personal body chemistry, undoubtedly). Based on TR descriptions, ordered a pound of it, pressed and tinned. Gutted out one bowl of it and the beginning of another the next day, threw in the towel, and gave it to the guy who blended it.

Learned something about going by reviews from that one.

:face:

Interesting to see the variety of opinions on it... but I'm not surprised. It's a love-it or leave-it tobacco.

Unfortunately, I had never heard of Sailorman Jack before, but will be doing a bit more research.. seems like he was an interesting guy, and I truly enjoy Billy Budd... wonder where the name came from (well, I wonder that with a lot of c&d tobaccos lol)

All the best, and happy puffing!
HP