Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotties22

Reaction score
I thought I would share this commission that I just finished.  The stem in Carnelian Juma (a thermoset plastic that is used for pool cues.  My favorite part about Juma is that it doesn't oxidize, but is soft on the teeth like Ebonite.)

Length: 6.93"
Height: 1.79"
Width: 1.35"
Chamber: .75 x 1.61"
Weight: 34 grams

dsc00610.jpg

dsc00611.jpg

dsc00612.jpg

dsc00613.jpg

dsc00614.jpg

dsc00615.jpg

dsc00616.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Scottie

Very nice! I like it! Not familiar with Carnelian Juma but it sounds great, and colorful! :)

juanmedusa":r7e2wn8h said:
Stunning. Are there a lot of color choices with that stem material?
Ivory, Black (which has a bit of a blue tint to it) and the Carnelian. It's great stuff though and works easily.

Very nice Scottie.

I am loving your steel tube enforced, pencil shanks.

PS-Love my Pipe of the Year. ;)

That bit material sounds like it would be PERFECT for us folks who can't really use acrylic stems but like the aspect of little to no oxidation due to mouth acids and the sulphur in ebonite ( or vulcanite as others call it ) :twisted: You've done some of the thinnest and longest shanks I ever have recalled seeing ! And your re-inforcement tubing is igneous !! How far does it extend into the shank? Your work just gets better and better lady !! :twisted: :twisted:

I'm not a fan of this shape, but you certainly did a fine job on this pipe.   The light touch of sandblast still allows the birdseye and cross grain to be appreciated. On first glance the initial picture looked like an all-briar pipe.

monbla256":6zxsud5v said:
That bit material sounds like it would be PERFECT for us folks who can't really use acrylic stems but like the aspect of little to no oxidation due to mouth acids and the sulphur  in ebonite ( or vulcanite as others call it )  :twisted:  You've done some of the thinnest and longest shanks I ever have recalled seeing ! And your re-inforcement tubing is igneous !! How far does it extend into the shank?  Your work just gets better and better lady !! :twisted: :twisted:
The tube extends the length of the shank and into the bowl. It doesn't quite make it all the way into the chamber. I shoot for about halfway between the chamber and outside of the bowl. It makes these pipes just about bullet-proof and they are surprisingly strong. No one needs to go drop theirs on the floor to prove my point.....I have already dropped your pipe on my garage floor! :lol!:

scotties22":y7dqnv44 said:
juanmedusa":y7dqnv44 said:
Stunning. Are there a lot of color choices with that stem material?
Ivory, Black (which has a bit of a blue tint to it) and the Carnelian.  It's great stuff though and works easily.
Nice, I'm poor but I hope someone gets one of these stems in ivory with a dark brown briar stain. Like that smallish bent billiard exterior I bought from ya. I think that stain could look good next to Ivory. C'mon guys, I need to live through one of you.

I really like this one Scottie. Very well done!

:cheers:

Beautiful pipe and stem.

I love the proportions of your pipes.