Birthday celebration?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuervo25_1

Reaction score
Well yesterday (Oct 1st) was my birthday and the wife and I had plans but she ended up getting sick so I had my own celebration. I set up the fire pit with a hollow log on it and filled it with kindling and lit that. Then I packed a bowl with some PA dutch treat and brewed a pot of coffee. As I was sitting on a log I got rained on a bit but hey the fire was warming the outside while the coffee was warming my insides and the bowl was warming my spirit. God I love this time of year!

Sounds like a perfect celebration to me,,,,

Boulder":n2p3td5s said:

Nice way to turn things around.
Exactly!
And making time for oneself seems to get harder all the time.
A friend of mine recently remarked that he was tempted to ask his wife for a day to himself for his birthday!

Harlock999":typm44hy said:
A friend of mine recently remarked that he was tempted to ask his wife for a day to himself for his birthday!
He's gotta be careful with that one! It would take a pretty cool/understanding wife to go along with that... After all, the company of his loving wife should be the ultimate gift right? :p

s.ireland":m4hxighl said:
Harlock999":m4hxighl said:
He's gotta be careful with that one! It would take a pretty cool/understanding wife to go along with that... After all, the company of his loving wife should be the ultimate gift right? :p
Oh no, he's pretty much resigned to going for the obligatory birthday dinner, it really was just a pipe dream on his part! :lol!:

It sounds like you had a great birthday. Congratulations, and Happy Birthday.

Boulder":on2k4y75 said:

Nice way to turn things around.
Yea my lawn may be screwed, it may have been raining off and on but the free pallets, the hollow log (Which I need to find alot more of!) , the coffe and the bowl made me glad that there was far less damage than what could have been and thankful for the life I have.