Birthday present from my wife

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK confession is in order.

Sorry wrong religion?

But inquiring minds want to know:

Did you pcikout that pipe and position your wife into buying it?

Well - she asked for some ideas and wanted to get me a pipe. She gave me a price range and I found a bunch of links to estates at different places. She had decided on a Peterson 150S from Walkerbriarworks estates, but it was sold before she got paid. She was very upset and told me she had not been quick enough. I thought the whole thing was a wash - one of those good ideas that was not going to work. I think this was part of her plan.

It seems that of the ones I had shown her, she had bought two of them. The one I showed you was the one I got on my birthday. A couple of days after my birthday she gave me the other one too. I think she had initially wanted to give me that one for Christmas and was too excited about it. They were both surprises although they were both pipes I had looked at and put on a wish list. The second one was REALLY a surprise.

yello_bole_2882c.jpg

Man, padre, sounds like she just wanted to get you the perfect pipe.

And she did.

Felicitations to both of you.

None better. Wife and pipe.

Thanks for sharing! :) 

The Author is one of my favorite shapes.

Todd is making me a Morta author as we speak. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

rothnh":lopf6giw said:
The Author is one of my favorite shapes.

Todd is making me a Morta author as we speak.  Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Sweet! This is my only author. I am really liking it a lot.

No morta in my pipe rack. I will be interested in seeing pictures.

Happy Birthday! Ad Multos Annos!

Awesome bulldog! I'm looking for one these days as well! It's one of my favorites!

Your wife has great taste - but I'll bet you knew that!

K

Here is a picture of the author. This one was sent to me by a member of BoB who seems inactive but I know him through another forum. Like I said - a banner year for Yello-Bole pipes...

Yello_bole_author.jpg

Fr_Tom":57vj4u2l said:
Here is a picture of the author. This one was sent to me by a member of BoB who seems inactive but I know him through another forum. Like I said - a banner year for Yello-Bole pipes...

Yello_bole_author.jpg
That's a very nice author Padre. And that it dates to the 30's - 40's is just wild!

You got a great piece of history right there and no mistake!

:rabbit: 

Cheers,

RR