Bit the Bullet and Bought a Humidor

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using the beads for 10 years and couldn't be happier ... for me, there is simply no other way to go ...

you simply put some of the beads in a little tupper-type container that will hold enough of them to be appropriate for the size of the humidor, then keep them hydrated with distilled water as needed ... it's a close to be a set it and forget it solution as you're ever going to find. I will be glad to address any questions on this product ...

Highly recommended.

rothnh":wh6z88dq said:
I could wax poetic about cat litter.
I've known any number of guys who've used it and say it works fine for them. I'm just not one of them and am never going to be.

My feeling is that cigars are a significant investment ... proper storage is essential to keep them for any length of time. To assure maintaining proper humidity, I'm going to put my trust in a product that was developed to preserve priceless works of art in museums rather than one that is intended to absorb the odors of urine and feces deposited by the family cat.

Roth, that is an interesting article. Fortunately for me, I don have an issue with my house being more humid than my humidor.
Definitely sounds like a good option if you are in a pinch.

SteveS":qeddf8b1 said:
rothnh":qeddf8b1 said:
I could wax poetic about cat litter.
I've known any number of guys who've used it and say it works fine for them.  I'm just not one of them and am never going to be.
Steve, I can understand your trepidation about cat litter.

Most of us are a conservative bunch.  Oftentimes, in our cigar and pipe hobbies, we use a certain product and do a certain thing a certain way and, come hell or high water, it's like it's written in stone because we've used this or done that for years and it never let us down.

Nothing wrong with that -- as long as it works and one is pleased with it :D