Bjarne shape?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops, can't get the link to work. Sorry guys.
url]

Click here to see the pipe. Not sure what you would call it myself. I'm no master of shapes. Sort of like colors. I say green. My wife says lime. I say yellow, she says butter.

TallSmoke":tfuhkpme said:
Click here to see the pipe. Not sure what you would call it myself. I'm no master of shapes. Sort of like colors. I say green. My wife says lime. I say yellow, she says butter.
Thanks for looking and offering a link that works. I'm not a master of shapes either when you get past the old standards. I've had it for some time but only use it when space is limited though it smokes cool and dry. Just curious as to what it is.

... what you call it but I have an identical one. You can go for a short stroll around the inside of the huge bowl.

ruraldean":1v21b7l9 said:
... what you call it but I have an identical one. You can go for a short stroll around the inside of the huge bowl.
You are correct. It is a huge bowl and smokes for a long while.

It's very reminicent of a Stanwell shape #186. As others have said a Danish bent egg variant would be it's closest classification...

Danish_Pipe_Guy":ov4urf8d said:
It's very reminicent of a Stanwell shape #186. As others have said a Danish bent egg variant would be it's closest classification...
Thanks, I looked at the Stanwell 186 and bowl shape is similar enough to confirm the egg classification. I don't have any Stanwells but, from the pictures, they look very nice.

Hi,

Bent egg would be a good description; very Danish appearance and looks good 'in the hand'.

Cheers

Justin.

I just got Bjarne Freehand Smooth #35, quarter bent, and it too seems to be a Danish egg. This is a cached view and I hope the link works. Otherwise I can only assume there is a Bjarne jpg url jinx going around.

spgm