Blackberry users?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterE

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
The trackball on my curve has completely frozen. I can't move the cursor or anything. Tried removing battery, reboot, chip, everything and it just won't move.

Help, anyone!!??

Set on workbench, strike with hammer, rinse, repeat.

Unfortunately, sounds like a hardware issue rather than software.

Send to be fixed/ repaired/ replaced with refurb, or go shopping for new phone.

Sorry to be a total downer on this one, but most of us lack the tools and parts to do repair work on advanced electronics.

Just have it replaced at one of the many "Tepito's" cell phone shops, just kidding!

Just replace it is the easiest and cheapest way to do, I have done so several times, grease and dirty get in the way, I would be surprised is the fixing costs more than 250 MXN!

However, I have a question, where do you get your pipe tobacco in Mexico City, I have searched thru the pages of the Noble House and Los Puros de la Roma, but nothing that would make says wow!

Thanks,

samvior":xwg4nx5l said:
Just have it replaced at one of the many "Tepito's" cell phone shops, just kidding!

Just replace it is the easiest and cheapest way to do, I have done so several times, grease and dirty get in the way, I would be surprised is the fixing costs more than 250 MXN!

However, I have a question, where do you get your pipe tobacco in Mexico City, I have searched thru the pages of the Noble House and Los Puros de la Roma, but nothing that would make says wow!

Thanks,
Hey there samvior. Thanks for the suggestions. Actually when I turned it on the next day it was working fine again! It's frustrating, though, when it's stops working and you can't figure out why. :evil:

Are you living down here!? Sounds like you know the place pretty well. Tepito and the thriving pirate cellphone market etc.

Actually I don't buy tobacco here. I order it from the US and have it shipped down. Shipping costs a lot and it can take a looong time, but I've never had a problem receiving stuff. To give you an idea of how expensive it is here, you can buy a pound of tobacco with international shipping, and it'll cost the same as about two tins bought locally. Also pipe cleaners are virtually non-existent. What can be had costs about $.10 per cleaner. The local places lake Casa del Fumador and others only have bulk aros and the occasional MacBaren tin. Sanborn's carries the more popular MacB aromatics too. Luckily my cellar is fairly well stocked now so I don't have to shop there for the time being.