Blackwoods Flake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Nate

Reaction score
This is great tobacco. Had it for the first time last night and I can't stop thinking about it. I want to feel the broken flakes in between my fingers, crushing them down to ribbons. The tin aroma is lingering in my nostrils, and my senses are still going crazy. The mottled chestnut and deep dark brown color of the flakes smoked beautifully for a wonder hour plus smoke. I found it similar to FVF but better, reaching levels that FVF can only hope to get to. ThE slight sweetness worked so well with the stoved Virginia's, I would say this tobacco is truly great!

If anyone hasn't tried Blackwoods Flake, I highly recommend doing so. Its the kind of weed that'll make your wife jealous. It's still on my mind!

Nate,

I agree. BWF is one of my favorite McClelland offerings. One of the few straight VA's I smoke regularly.

Cute munchkin, btw.. :D

When I bought my first real pipe, Blackwoods Flake was the first "good" tobacco I bought to go along with it. I have been in love with the stuff ever since. It is firmly within my top three (FVF, BF, and HoTW).

I loved it. It did knock me on my backside though. Which is weird, bc I have smoked supposed stronger tobaccos lately and nothin.

It was the second bowl of the day for me... I'm usuallly one a day or one every other day.

Having smoked most of McC's Va blend/mixtures since the mid '90s I'd have to say THIS one is probably THE BEST they put together! For me, it defines what an ALL Va blend/mixture should be !! Greg gets close, but has nothing as good as THIS one is !! It's what I consider my "dessert" 'baccy which I usually have after a fine meal with a good cuppa joe ( Chiccory coffee 'N'Awlins style of course :twisted: ) in a nice wide Pot to finish the day !! If you state you are a VA smoker THIS ones gotta be at the top of your list !! :twisted: :twisted:

Agreed! Blackwoods was one of those 'revelation' smokes for me and as soon as I got done with my sample I ordered five tins in order to stock up the cellar. I can see why you call it your desert 'baccy Monbla, the brown sugar taste is very satisfying.

You should try the Anniversary while you're at it Nate. The stoved McClelland VA becomes magical when paired with Latakia.

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I got my hands on some and it is sublime. I got the 'marshmallow effect', cinnamon and brown sugar sweet 'Ginny.

I get it!