Blends my wife HATES...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Nate

Reaction score
The title pretty much explains itself...

The list:

NM SRS
Hal O' the Wynd
Escudo
Haddo's Delight
Beacon Extra
British Woods
SG FVF

That's off the top of my head and I don't blame her for some of them (i.e. Haddo's Delight and Hal) two blends I prob won't touch for at least 5 years or so...

What tobaccy's does your wife (significant other) make you smoke at the end of the yard, brush your teeth twice and mouthwash repeatedly and change your clothes after smoking?

I a firm believer 'the worse it smells in the tin / to others, the better it tastes in a my pipe!"

Old Nate":ufcns27i said:
What tobaccy's does your wife (significant other) make you smoke at the end of the yard, brush your teeth twice and mouthwash repeatedly and change your clothes after smoking?
My wife has positive comments about things from time to time, but I am not sure she has ever had a negative one. We have been married since 1982, so it could start any day, but that seems unlikely. I smoke everything in the house, car, etc. She has had the most positive comments in the last few years with PS Cube Cut and Old Companion probably. PS Norwegian has only gotten a thumbs up in the car for some reason. You notice trends. One of the children likes certain oriental-heavy blends and will tell me they smell like incense.

My old woman (because she's not a wife she's an EX) dislikes anything to do with tobacco
so you have it better then me as far as that goes. She's a EXsmoker also so that should
explain that. If she even gets a whiff of any she'll act like she's dieing (don't I wish) ;)

Cornell & Diehl "Star of the East"......
One day my Brother in Law & I, were smoking it on his porch and my Wife came outside and asked "Who is burning tires out here?". It has been a favorite of mine ever since! :p

DoverPipes":6virtvia said:
Cornell & Diehl "Star of the East"......
One day my Brother in Law & I, were smoking it on his porch and my Wife came outside and asked "Who is burning tires out here?". It has been a favorite of mine ever since! :p
I know EXACTLY how you feel!

"Blends my wife hates"? I could just copy the full list of blends from P&C or Smokingpipes and paste it here. :p

no+woman+no+cry+bob+marley.jpg

Cheers,

RR

When I was married, all 3 of my exs hated my "burning garbage" 965 and 759 and were marginally accepting of my Va's.  Oh well, onward thru the fog !! :twisted: :twisted:

Fun thread.

My wife has never given any negative reaction to what I am smoking. She will say, "that smells strong".

There was one time she said she would try whatever it was I was smoking. Lost cause there, I was thoroughly uninterested in that blend and promptly forgot it.

It's never been an issue here, of course I'm mostly an aro guy with the occasional light English. And I guess most of them are pleasant. Also, I mostly smoke outdoors anyway by preference, and my desire not to be the cause of second-hand smoke making a loved one ill at some point.

If it smells like latakia, my wife hates it. If it is a VA, she tolerates it. If it is C&D Charlemange, she loves it... Go figure. If it is an aro, she doesn't mind being around me when I am smoking it. I have to find a good ionizer, because she said she would let me try smoking some aro in my office in the house with the office door closed if I could find one. Now that it is getting cooler, im not in such a hurry.. and I would still have to smoke my lats and va's outside :/ I can be a bit more patient.

Some of these are really cracking me up! How we love our wives and they us.

She hates them all, all of them. Even cigars, when we go out for walks and I smoke I always have to stay down wind from her. Thank goodness we moved to a house with a garage

I smoke in my man cave or outside so no problems in my happy home.

My wife is pretty indifferent. She doesn't really comment on anything, good or bad. She does often remark that some of the latakia blends I smoke remind her of church. :scratch:

Dave_In_Philly":74wqdoky said:
My wife is pretty indifferent. She doesn't really comment on anything, good or bad. She does often remark that some of the latakia blends I smoke remind her of church. :scratch:
Incense? Orientals have that quality.

1. Billy Budd. (which I think is pretty awful myself) This blend was batting 1000. in the "Go take a shower, brush your teeth and sleep on the couch" category.

Usually I only get negative comments when I smoke cigars. But any blend laden with Latakia, Perique or KY Dark Fire will at times draw a comment or two.

Like Gravel, I smoke outside or in our garage.

I have all but given up smoking Burley, and heavy Latakia mixtures, so the comments expressing displeasure have decreased quite a bit.