Blockade Runner

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ED_X

Reaction score
I really wanted to like this blend...BUT...I just don't like it at all. I kept smoking it thinking if I changed pipes, changed how I pack it, even what time of day I smoked it. But nothing...Anyone else had this experience with Blockade Runner?

Thanks,
Ed

Sometimes it takes several smokes for me to get to appreciate a blend and see if I like it, Im halfway thru my tin of this and so far its not doing it for me.

Yeah, Blockade Runner is pretty harsh by itself, but I really like the flavor. I use it as a blender. Try this: take 1 to 1 1/2 TBS or Blockade Runner, 1 coin of Escudo and 1/2 tsp of a good burley (say from Pipeworks and Wilke) and mix together. The flavors of BR are still quite evident, but toned down and complimented by the other tobaccos. If it doesn't quite suit you, experiment with the ratios.

cranseiron":p2z5e6r1 said:
Yeah, Blockade Runner is pretty harsh by itself, but I really like the flavor. I use it as a blender. Try this: take 1 to 1 1/2 TBS or Blockade Runner, 1 coin of Escudo and 1/2 tsp of a good burley (say from Pipeworks and Wilke) and mix together. The flavors of BR are still quite evident, but toned down and complimented by the other tobaccos. If it doesn't quite suit you, experiment with the ratios.
Thanks that a great idea. Something that never even occurred to me.

Ed