Blue Grass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Young briar fan

Reaction score
Anyone else into it. I maybe the only 31 yr old with an iPod full of blue grass. The man that gave me my first pipe plays the fiddle and is the lead singer in a band. Everytime I smoke one of his pipes I think about him playing his fiddle and smoking a pipe by a campfire while we were elk hunting in New Mexico. That's usually what I'm listening to on the porch while I'm smoking.

I am.. and enjoy listening to it while making pipes... on anoher note I was in the states not too long ago and heard a band called "The Civil Wars" on WRNR out of Annapolis.. not bluegrass but folk.. and they are good.. free download on their website.

One of my favorite movies is O Brother.... I think my wife is tired of watching it..

enjoy
James

For the last couple of months always have Bluegrass Junction on with Sirius Radio. Celebrating 100 years of Bill Munroe :D

Love the stuff and I play guitar in a .................well, what to call ourselves? We play a lot of Gillian Welch type stuff, a lot of traditional bluegrass, a bit of early jug music, and even some old rock tunes in a bluegrass-ish style. Our instrumentation is banjo, mandolin, upright bass, fiddle, guitar, harmonica, accordian, even kazoo now and then.

We have a great time mixing it up, but you can always hear our bluegrass roots.

I love it. I was not a fan until I began to motorcycle around western North Carolina, and began to hear it live. Since then I've had the privilege of getting to know some of the finest. Amongst others I've gotten to know the Kruger brothers, and sat in Tut Taylor's living room listening to a jam. Met the man who wrote "The Gambler", and had BBQ at Wayne Henderson's. Amazing people!

Over the past few years, I have come to really get into Bluegrass music. If you are a musician yourself, you can't help but appreciate the musicianship.

I play guitar and mandolin myself, and watching or listening to a master mando-picker is truly a joy!

Mike

We went to the Paint Rock Vall;ey Bluegrass Festival this year. It's about 10 mi. from the house. Three days of good music a strictly family fun.

Paint Rock Valley

I play Bluegrass mandolin and own a 1998 Rattlesnake F-5 made by Olin Davis from Lloyd Loar Gibson blueprints. :D

I play guitar, mandolin, fiddle, banjo and piano. I used to work with two bluegrass lovers myself at an old mom and pop pizza shop, and we'd sit out on the front porch of the place, and jam after work, and everyone left. That's actually where I started smoking a pipe, because playing and smoking a cig is almost impossible. I'm 18 and I love almost all kinds of music but Bluegrass hits me hard. I like more modern bluegrass and folk. Like Nickel Creek, or Crooked Still, Old Crow Medicine Show, than of course not bluegrass but I love Mumford & Sons. It's good music to relax and smoke a pipe to.

GuitarMyFriend":bv44odpo said:
I play guitar, mandolin, fiddle, banjo and piano. I used to work with two bluegrass lovers myself at an old mom and pop pizza shop, and we'd sit out on the front porch of the place, and jam after work, and everyone left. That's actually where I started smoking a pipe, because playing and smoking a cig is almost impossible. I'm 18 and I love almost all kinds of music but Bluegrass hits me hard. I like more modern bluegrass and folk. Like Nickel Creek, or Crooked Still, Old Crow Medicine Show, than of course not bluegrass but I love Mumford & Sons. It's good music to relax and smoke a pipe to.
And here I thought I'd be the youngest bluegrass fan. I'm 21 and enjoy it. My ipod is filled with bluegrass, folk, and country.

I'm a big fan of Old Time music and play the clawhammer banjo, which usually gets confused with bluegrass music, it drives me crazy! I do enjoy bluegrass occasionally.

Abe

Im a fan for sure.
I lived up in Libby Mt for 10 years , and just north of town theres a guy that has a bluegrass festival throughout the summer.
But its more along the lines of
A bunch of people travelin , in Rv's and such, that bplay, stop and stay awhile, they will hang out and play with different camps/groups , so at night , (and some in the day) there'll be 5 or more campsites pickin and a grinnin.

Ive had many a good memory there :D
One time , I let a fine little gal ride my other horse, and we headed out for a picnic on top of the mountain, I had beer , whiskey and fried chicken.
We left at noon, then ended up ridin to the bluegrass fest instead, had a great time , and rode back to my place in the dark. I took the wrong trail, and got us up on the back side of the mountain from my place, then I busted us down through downfall timber, and that wasnt much fun in the pitch black I tell ya. But she was one hell of a rider, and handled old Bandit just fine.
Needless to say, it was 2 am when we finally got back to my place, :drunken: LOL, and I wasnt in any shape to drive her home. If ya know what i mean :D

Oh hell yeah ! I miss havin that up the road all summer.
But I do have a bluegrass CD in my CD player at all times, so i listen to it daily.
For some reason, I always like to smoke a COB when Im listenin to it. Just seems fittin.

I like it, but it's always that kind of music that comes up randomly on Shoutcast playlists or I see them live playing someplace. I couldn't tell you the good, the bad or the obscure.

Gentlemen, I love Bluegrass! And I am not a fan of country at all. In fact, I prefer heavy music and listen to mostly Irish Punk these days. But I love Bluegrass. My favorite style is the more instrumental work, and my favorite artist is Alison Krauss. I am trying to learn to play the bass, and I would love to back up a group of talented Bluegrass musicians someday.