BoB CouchSurfing

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richmondesi

Reaction score
I just was introduced to this idea, and I thought it was really great. So, I thought I would run it by the Brothers here.

The idea is a volunteer community of Brothers willing to make a "couch" available to people traveling through their area, free of charge. I could just see Brothers traveling all of the country sharing smokes with each other, and seeing that part of the country through the Brother they're staying with. Participants would be making real long-term relationships while we see other parts of the country.

It's just a thought, what do you guys think?

Wow! 8 views and no opinion one way or another? That's very surprising to me.

It sound like an interesting idea to me. Let's see where it goes.

It sounds like an excellent idea to me and I would certainly open my doors for a Brother of the Briar. Actually some of us have already experienced that first hand.

Justpipes":0lclidcf said:
It sounds like an excellent idea to me and I would certainly open my doors for a Brother of the Briar. Actually some of us have already experienced that first hand.
I'm not surprised in the least. I have been contacted privately with some very generous offers. I think it would be really a fun little program. I mean it would be great to travel to Boston, hang out with a Brother, and go to Fenway. Of course, you can insert any city or park/activity whatever. But it just seems like it would be really cool idea

Absolutely! Stick around long enough and you just might get the opportunity!

I think it's a good idea. I don't have much spare room at my apt, but if the opportunity arose and someone was in need, I could make it work.

:D

Benjamin Button":7dejbat1 said:
I think it's a good idea. I don't have much spare room at my apt, but if the opportunity arose and someone was in need, I could make it work.

:D
That would be perfect. The idea is literally to provide a couch. I think that it would lead to introducing each other to our friends and experiencing your city the way that you do.

I think this is a great idea. Nothing like a countrywide network of pipe smoking pals with couches and great attitudes! Consider my couch "open." :D

Trout Bum":kk0263ky said:
I think this is a great idea. Nothing like a countrywide network of pipe smoking pals with couches and great attitudes! Consider my couch "open." :D
Awesome... Same here :cheers:

richmondesi":s9gv2mnh said:
Trout Bum":s9gv2mnh said:
Awesome... Same here :cheers:
This is a great idea. I do look up pipe smokers when I travel, whether I know them or not. In fact, I've learned to carry pipes to trades and/or gift (for newer smokers without a full rotation).

I would need a few days notice to clean up my house as I am a bachelor, and you can tell from my house.