BoB - Forumotion?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growley

Reaction score
Does anyone know what's going on with BoB's URL? Normally I have been able to visit the site just by going to: www.brothersofbriar.com. Today, it seems I can only get here by going to : brothersofbriar.forumotion.com.

I just saw that there is another topic on this as well. Sorry for the duplication.

MisterE":s7yakag1 said:
Yeah, a lot of folk have been getting that. I had to Google BoB in order to get here today.

We'll check into it.
Just went through this myself in the last few minutes. Kept getting the "Forumation" page and didn't want to open any of the links in case it might lead to malware, etc.

Googled it, and got back here.

The weird thing is that on my "favorites" list, the icon for BOB was compromised. I've deleted that and re-submitted this addy so hopefully allus gut!

Hopefully this site isn't under attack!

:evil:

Cheers,

RR

The internet here is up for the first time in 5 days and clicking the links in my notification emails doesn't work :(

Perhaps the site's hosting provider was changed? It would be the fastest propagation of a URL on the DNS system I've ever seen, but possible.

kaiser83":6zcg08jz said:
The internet here is up for the first time in 5 days and clicking the links in my notification emails doesn't work :(
I wondered where you went.

I ran into this today. It doesn't look like the domain expired though.

Any news on this? Do we need to pony up to help renew the custom domain option within Forumotion?

Its not a forumotion deal... We are adressing the issue to the best of our ability..

I'm not sure the expense as of yet but IF we need to raise money it will be via sale of some of my stash or a raffle or some such... Bear with us fellers.. I'm sorry its taking time due to personal issues with several members of the BoB team taking priority over maintenance.. it sucks , I know, but that's life.

puros_bran":vqjvxky6 said:
Its not a forumotion deal... We are adressing the issue to the best of our ability..

I'm not sure the expense as of yet but IF we need to raise money it will be via sale of some of my stash or a raffle or some such... Bear with us fellers.. I'm sorry its taking time due to personal issues with several members of the BoB team taking priority over maintenance.. it sucks , I know, but that's life.
PB, you can count on me for anything that needs to be done for fundraising efforts. We need to keep BoB going.

Cheers,

RR

Lets not jump the gun yet... That was in response to something someone said.

i'm happy to toss some cash into the kitty as well if it comes to that. i get a lot of value out of BoB. by a WIDE margin my favorite pipe forum.

doody.

Mr. Doody":e0sfgeq8 said:
i'm happy to toss some cash into the kitty as well if it comes to that. i get a lot of value out of BoB. by a WIDE margin my favorite pipe forum.

doody.
Same here

puros_bran":qoff04hn said:
Its fixed..
It certainly is - just got here for the first time in days by my normal route rather than via the forumotion front page.

Cheers and Thanks

puros_bran":dzcuw1qf said:
Its fixed..
dance.gif

brille.gif

thumbs.gif

Cheers,

RR

Awesome! I didn't even realize I didn't have to go to the forumotion one today! Thanks!!!