BoB Summer Cabin Get Away

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Does this sound like fun for a night or two? A rustic cabin in the Fir trees at L.L. Stub Stewart State Park. Easin' back on the covered porch with your feet up on the railing...your favorite pipe and blend smoldering cheerfully away...the gentle breeze wafting the smoke always away from your face...a crisp lager by your side, or maybe a steaming mug of some fresh roasted gourmet coffee?

I don't know about you guys, but it sounds good to me! I'm booked into Cabin #8 (the one on the end) since it's pet friendly and Watson, the Wonder Pug will be supervising.

I'll be there from Thursday, July 17...leaving Tuesday morning on the 22nd.

If anyone wants to drop by (the parking situation is TIGHT) or better yet spend a night or two, let me know. It would totally be fun to build this up as a weekend event and secure a second cabin up there (maybe even #7 next door)...which has to be done very early (like now). So if any y'all want to get your own cabin ($44/night) drive in and spend as much time as you like. Or, if you want to bunk in my cabin it will sleep three (I snore...just a warning).

Anyway...I'm going to go up there there and have a lovely quiet time, whittling, writing, reading, puffing...if want to join me, PM me and we can start plotting.

Google "LLStubbStewartPark" or go to the Oregon State Parks site to check the place and location out.

Too far away for me to join you, but it sounds like it could be a great time.

Have fun!

Yeah. It will be. Maybe I should have noted up top that the location is in Western Oregon...Coast Range...between the Willamette Valley and the Pacific Coast.

I was going to book three, 2-night trips, but they always seem to involve more packing and loading and lugging than sitting and relaxing and reflecting. So I went for the long stay. Let 'em TRY and pry me outta there!

Blackhorse":ug5m7hyr said:
Does this sound like fun for a night or two? A rustic cabin in the Fir trees at L.L. Stub Stewart State Park. Easin' back on the covered porch with your feet up on the railing...your favorite pipe and blend smoldering cheerfully away...the gentle breeze wafting the smoke always away from your face...a crisp lager by your side, or maybe a steaming mug of some fresh roasted gourmet coffee?
Comes across as absolutely delightful, mine's a coffee, oh how I wish I could join you there, a nice bit of relaxation would go down a treat, who ever ends up meeting you there I wish you all to have a wonderful relaxing time.  :heart: :sunny: 

rr: Wrong coast? Do the wheels on yer little bus go round and round?

BS: And we'd absolutely be honored to have you. In lieu of that, if any of these other layabouts decides to put some effort toward attending we'll provide pictures of the evil deeds done, etc.

Oh man. I need to look at what I've already committed to this summer and see how I can make this happen.

Not much for privacy, are they? I see three of those are larger cabins and those will be the nosiest ones. Near you.  :lol: 

That's dirt cheap. Do the cabins have beds in them, or is it bring your own cots? Room service? Does somebody wash the sheets?

Sheets?

Beds yes, bring all yer own kit & kaboodle.

It does say that 3 of them are the ones with the separate bedroom, but I can't figure which is which. We stayed in one just up the line from #8 a few years ago...maybe #4...and it was one open space inside. There's a Floor plan brochure you can download that shows the one room to be 16'X16' and the one bedroom to be 16'X24'. So they're fairly large inside. They supposedly sleep 5 & 6 respectively...but I'd rather sleep alone... so 3 and 5.

This has some appeal for me amigo. I'm gonna put it on my calendar and see what happens closer to the date. That's not really all that far from me. I'd say only about 5 hrs drive time.

Yet that time of year is our busiest at the brewery. Still, I might be able to sneak away for a weekend if all the stars align just right. But I won't know until about a week before. Such is life in production.

Looks like a lovely location.

Cheers,

RR

They do have limits on how many in a cabin. But not much more details than that. First thing I did was look at them on Google Maps from a satellite view. If #8 is the furthest one in and 7 is next to it. Then 4, 5, & 6 are the large cabins. What else is inside beside the beds? Restrooms? Or is that communal someplace?

Sounds like a fantastic trip, but I sadly couldn't commit this far in advance and so would like to decline.

Thanks for the generous open offer and I hope you have a great time with whomever does show up! :cheers: 

Sounds like fun! I loved it up there in Oregon. I spent a summer near Medford as a kid, and I especially enjoyed fishing the Rogue River. It'd be great to go up there for a visit again.

Sadly that would be an awfully long haul for me. The idea of having a BoB get together does sound like an amazing idea though. For those of us who don't have pipe clubs, etc. BoB is our sanctum sanctorum on the web; would be great to meet some brothers on person (at least I'm fairly sure it would)

I'm going to try to make it at least one evening. Now to figure out how to get Gravel to come along for the ride. :D

Fishfuzz":5ei2idiu said:
I'm going to try to make it at least one evening. Now to figure out how to get Gravel to come along for the ride. :D
If I can do it, I'll drive. We can smoke in my rig. :)

Yeah, there's no reason you locals have to stay over and listen to me n the pup snore the night away...come on up whenever and sit fer a spell. I'll pump up the track from 'Oh Brother Where Art Thou' and we can pass the jug and stare at the bark on the Doug Firs.

I'm straining to get a Summer groove on here with 9" of fresh snow on the ground!