Bob's Chocolate Flake to try or not to try?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bazsup

Reaction score
Folks speak very highly of this tobacco and I've been tempted many times to order some but I know there is Latakia in it and try as I might, I don't like it much. I hear that this blend has very little and it just rounds out the flavor but I'm afraid it might ruin it for me. On the other hand it is tempting and I have enjoyed chocolate tobaccos from other blenders without the Latakia. What do you think gentlemen? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob

bazsup":kto59ypg said:
Folks speak very highly of this tobacco and I've been tempted many times to order some but I know there is Latakia in it and try as I might, I don't like it much. I hear that this blend has very little and it just rounds out the flavor but I'm afraid it might ruin it for me. On the other hand it is tempting and I have enjoyed chocolate tobaccos from other blenders without the Latakia. What do you think gentlemen? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob
Honestly, the Latakia in this blend is used as a true condiment tobacco - at no point does the dark leaf dominate the flavour profile, but rather adds a very slight and subtle smokiness that rounds out the chocolate and nuttyness with the slightest floral hints, found in the blend.

I agree with Schmitz. The Lat is so "hinter der szene" that I don't really consider it a Latakia blend per sé.

It´s in there, but I notice it only once in a rare while, and only if the weather is right. 8)

sand18f":i0ufkx35 said:
Buy or trade for a small sample.
I've got some you can sample. Pm me your info and I'll send some your way.
BCF was one of the first blends I sampled and I keep it in my rotation, usually 2-3 times per month. Some say it tastes too soapy whe I get more of a floral note. Let us know what you think.

As with any tobacco it's a personal thing and preferences run the gamut. If you like a bit of chocolate flavor without being sticky or overly sweet encased in some fine Virginia Flake, this may be your blend.