Bombed with a bluff?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greyson

Reaction score
So, I received a mysterious package on Thursday from the USA, which sent my alarm bells ringing as I know Friday was the target date for this months wing target - naturally I wondered if this could be a harbinger of things to come. I anxiously awaited the mail on Friday lest I find myself the poor SOB targeted by the wing, and got hit with another bomb. While its unclear if they are related (long range bombing could well spread into next week if coming from afar) what is certain is that whether it was organised or not, some bastards out there tried to get me all jumpy around the target date. I don't know who both of them are yet, but I shall bend my will and resources to track down the offending brothers, and I promise you there will be a reckoning.

To the miscreants: Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. I know it doesn't sound like big deal, but I've had a pretty depressing week with another house deal falling through as the owners hold out for more money than I can afford to offer, and leaving me in limbo for god knows how long, not knowing where I can look for a job or getting my life back on track. It means a lot to have somebody out there thinking of you when you've done nothing really to deserve their generosity, and gave me a bit of a lift. Thanks guys. And yes I will get you.

Without further ado, here is what I was hit with:

imag0207rl.jpg
Containing:

1 Very delicate and pretty Penn Valley clay pipe
1 Natural Missouri Meerschaum corn cobb with an amber stem
1 Natural Missouri Meerschaum corn cobb
1 Black / dark (rusticated?) Missouri Meerschaum corn cobb
1 Premium gourmet dark chocolate and peanut butter bar
1 'Dead' sea salt and toffee milk chocolate bar
1 'Bloody' orange dark chocolate truffle bar (somebody must have found a post where I mentioned my fondness for anything that will give me diabetes)
1 very generous sample of Kentucky Nougat (smells amazing btw!)
1 very hefty sample of Grassmere Flake (these sent in a Gucci box... clues clues clues)
1 key chain from Salem State U (Hmmmm)
1 pencil from same.
approximately 200 of the worst tasting marshmallows... oh. Packing foam. Never mind!

Also it's a little known fact that the truffle bar is the natural prey of Huskies out on the tundra.

Cool! I hope no one mails me a husky. :lol:

Those cobs are swell. Are they common in the UK? I assume they aren't. You're probably gonna get a few heads turned your direction with them.

8)

Hm, no not common at all. In fact I cant think of a time I've seen one ever - but then the number of times I can recall seeing a pipe smoker in his natural habitat is also very low.

:shock: A Gucci box? :scratch: I would think that would leave most people here out!

Kyle Weiss":q2drb6ct said:
Cool! I hope no one mails me a husky. :lol:
What???? Huskies are the most beautiful dogs. Then again a husky in your weather might have a hard time.

Congrats Greyson and to the brothers who bombed you. With all you have done for the forum since joining you are well more than deserving brother.

Huskies would do alright here about six months out of the year. The summers would make them pretty unhappy, though. I like them as dogs, they're gorgeous. They need lots of direction, often, if they're bored, you're in trouble. :lol: There's the hair factor for me. No bueno.

Apparently, Greyson, you're a fan of chocolate. :)

8)

Cool, a finished MM Spool! Those are pretty darn good smokers. :cheers:

Congrats on whoever is responsible. BTW - you can ship me a Siberian Husky anytime. I had an Alaskan Malamute when I was much younger, best dog I've every had too. Would love to have a Husky. 8)

DrT999":rf7crz3g said:
Greyson, since you didn't mention any extreme customs duty, did the Gucci tobacco come from within the UK (or at least EU)? We wouldn't want copycats from the US making that mistake!
Lol... Gucci tobacco. That stuff would be Expensive. As I recall it had UK shipping on it, so I suppose it must have come from a countryman, though I have no idea who. Traitor!

We just lost our dog a couple of months ago. 12 year old Golden Retriever/Black Lab/Rottweiler mix. Hips finally went. She was quite literally one of the kids...usually the best behaved of the three and maybe even just a little smarter than the rest of the pack (or so it seemed at times). It literally broke my heart.

Ahh David, I'm really sorry to hear that. Really sorry. It sounds like you're one of the people like me who feel their animals are more than pets.

When she was 2 Mishka was wrongly diagnosed with cancer, and the vet warned me she might have to be put down. I cant remember much of that day but I remember feeling like I was having an out of body experience, that it couldn't be real. I cant imagine what I would have felt like if I'd lost her. I'm very sorry for your loss.

BH, I'm sorry to hear that. We recently lost the dog I had to leave at home in Scotland and it was heartbreaking even though he'd been with another family for a few years. I feel your pain.

Greyson, That is quite the surprise package! Lucky you!

Kyle Weiss":xo6481em said:
Huskies would do alright here about six months out of the year. The summers would make them pretty unhappy, though. I like them as dogs, they're gorgeous. They need lots of direction, often, if they're bored, you're in trouble. :lol: There's the hair factor for me. No bueno.

Apparently, Greyson, you're a fan of chocolate. :)

8)

No worries about huskies< Kyle...when it gets to warm they shed until they turn into french poodles.

Oops, I meant to do this earlier, but I dropped the ball a bit.

It turns out that the above action was in fact orchestrated from bomber command, so it is with great reluctance that I have been added to the 'officially wounded', and donned the appropriate mark of honour. I thought the ocean would protect me, but alas... Still, on the bright side, nobody has been hit twice, so now I get to enjoy every month without fear. For those of you without it... be afraid.

Greyson":qrw16c1b said:
Oops, I meant to do this earlier, but I dropped the ball a bit.

It turns out that the above action was in fact orchestrated from bomber command, so it is with great reluctance that I have been added to the 'officially wounded', and donned the appropriate mark of honour. I thought the ocean would protect me, but alas... Still, on the bright side, nobody has been hit twice, so now I get to enjoy every month without fear. For those of you without it... be afraid.

Be VERY afraid! I have a score to settle with some of you, and I am chomping at the proverbial bit to do my level best to devistate every target from here on out! :twisted: