Bombed !!!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

If I'm not participating much these next few weeks, understand that it's not from disinterest, but due to the recovery process.

Mr. E knows that I recently retired from working in the state prison system after 23+ years (far too long. Life expectancy in there's 58 ; I'm 65).

This sneaky so-&-so also knows that I have an incurable fondness for classic Britwood.

So today a box comes in the mail. Containing a patent-era Parker Super Bruyere Canadian in beautiful shape. Chamber's right at 11/16." A retirement present.

Dates to 1949 -- one year older than I am 8)

I suspect it may be joining a similarly old Parker Straightgrain "A" billiard in the "Favourites" category.

I don't know whether to shit or go blind !

MANY happy smokes lie ahead with this little treasure !!!!

No one can have too many great old flake pipes ! Newer ones can be nice, but it's pretty girl nice. Old Timers are the Nice of a happy marriage 30 or 40 years down the road. WAY better. Richer, fuller & deeper nice 8)

Thank You, Mr. E !

And rest assured : some day, when you're least expecting it . . . :twisted:

No pictures. I can't take them worth crap so you'll have to take my word for it. SWEET little pipe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:face:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I have 4 old Parkers two from the patent era. They are every bit as good as Dunhill's of similar year. I'm sure it will be an excellent smoker! Congrats!!!

Congratulations! :cheers: :cheers:

Sounds like Mr E hit you with a laser guided precision bomb!

I hope all goes well for you in the next few weeks and you get a speedy recovery.

Fraternally

Jers

E, you dastardly bastard. :mrgreen: :cheers: :D

Now someone just needs to bomb Yak with a digital camera. :lol!:

8)

Have one. But the macro bit's confusing, & doing a photobucket manoevre's too much hassle with uncertain results.

Macro is easy... the little "flower" icon on most cameras, good for close-ups, taken at close range. Anything beyond 18" or so will blur an image like crazy. Some cameras are better than others...go figure. As for uploading, flickr works well, just right-click on whatever you upload, "copy image location" and paste the contents in the picture icon text box that pops up on the forum, and boom. Pic city.

I can find the little flower OK. What I don't know is how to get the macro setting back off again. :scratch:

PRE-TECHNOLOGICAL

Usually, if the little flower is in easy-access button form, you click it once to turn it on, once again to remove it. Some cameras have this icon showing on the screen (indicating it's "on"), older ones have a LCD icon in another window, same deal. Much the same as the weird lightning bolt arrow thingy, being the flash, is either on, circle-with-slash over it (off), with a little eyeball next to it (red-eye reduction setting) or has an "A" next to it, which is automatic mode. Hitting the button marked with the same symbol will cycle through the different settings accordingly.

8)

So I figured I'd try it anyhow & the battery'd gone dead. :roll:

Maybe tomorrow 8)

A superb bombing mission. Good on you both! :cheers:

edited once for damn I need to learn to proofread.

Congrats yak.

Posting picks is easy for me no web hosting I just click the button that states "host an image" the one with the picture and the floppy disk. Browse, Select a picture from my machine, click host it, then copy and paste what it gives you under the word "image".

Damn nice way to start a new phase of your life ! Enjoy it fully :twisted:

Congratulations on the retirement. And kudos to Mr. E for his successful sneak attack.

That sounds like a way great lil' retirement bomb Yak. Good on Mr. E for targeting you with this since these kinds of pipes are right in your wheelhouse. Hope it brings you years of good puffing!

:cheers:

Cheers,

RR

Congratulations, yak! :cheers:
I am trying to imagine that sweet little Parker in my mind...