Bombing??

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05Venturer

Reaction score
I am a new member to BoB and see a lot of Bombing activity. I have went back and read a few of the older bomb threads but still not quite understanding how it all works. I do know I need to meet the 30/30 requirement yet so this month is out but I would really like a bit more info to be ready to hopefully embark on a mission shortly.
I have a pretty good idea but just want some clarification from the group.
Thanks All :affraid:

Kent, "bombing" is basically someone sending a generous gift of something (cigars or pipe tobacco, for example) to someone out of the goodness of the sender's heart, for free and without expecting anything in return.

Of course, to "bomb" someone, the recipient's physical mailing address is required -- otherwise, the surprise element dies if the sender has to PM the target of the bomb and ask the recipient for their address LOL.  However, if the member's mailing address is included in their profile, it makes sending a bomb much easier.

Someone here correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt the "30/30" rule applies for sending bombs -- it's a gift of friendly appreciation of the recipient by the sender -- no more, no less.

The 30/30 rule more or less applies to being a part of the BoB bombers only in that it gives one a chance to get to know the people on the board and become known as well.

Thank you all for the info. I am looking forward to getting my 30 days in!!! :bounce: 

However, if the member's mailing address is included in their profile, it makes sending a bomb much easier.
Don't do that, one way or another other members have most addy's, you can research a members history and discover who has interacted with them and ask the respective members if they are willing to share the addy you seek.

What ever you do, don't put your addy in your profile, other members will share addy's 'if' they feel the person asking for it is a genuine 'friend' and not a 'foe'.

Also, please understand that the BoB Bombers Squadron is:

1. a 'by approval' only membership and
2. the expectation is that once in, you are IN...every month without fail.
3. Also, and very important, strike that term ' generous' from the peanut gallery. A bomb can be anything, large or small, the thought behind it being important not the cost. This is purposly done so that a person can join and be an effective member no matter what their financial situation.

Gravel or Ocelot have the specifics...being co-Commanders.