Bookworm Pen has filigree and pseudo celluloid

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
At least I assume it's not real celluloid.  But it sure does look nice. That amber color plus the silver filigree, which is quite well done, gives the whole thing a stunning look.  So far it's my favorite Chinese pen.

Add to the above a nice wet fine/medium nib, a cap that posts well...and REALLY snaps on tightly to close. The section also fits my hand very well, unlike the skinny sections of something like a Jinhao X250. This works well for me in all regards.

And it just looks SO nice.  It absolutely matches my black and amber Peterson...especially when it's wearing a wind screen.

These are $15 from His Nibs in the USA and about half that if you want to wait for the slow boat from China via eBay sellers.

BookWormYellowFilligreePenCap_small.jpg

The pen I bought from China hit US Customs in a matter of days. The delay is in our customs process. It's been sitting there for some time.

I actually have 2 packets sitting in customs, one from China, one from England. The China packet has been there for 8 days, the England packet 3 days. Will be interesting to see which clears first. My experience with customs has been that there's no rhyme or reason to their process. Some things sail through unnoticed that should be at least charged a small duty, other extremely benign and low value items seem to be scrutinized ridiculously and held up. It's like playing spin the wheel.

I've got two orders still bobbing on the high seas. Are those Chinese tracking numbers worth a flying 他媽的?

Ah, well, tracking informs me that the pen from England has left customs but the pen from China still languishes there. Wonder why that is?

Funny. The pen from England left customs a day before the pen from China, but the China pen has arrived and the England pen is still out there somewhere "in route to destination" :scratch: