Bosun Cut Plug vs. Coniston Cut Plug

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_In_Philly

Reaction score
So I realize this is likely a futile effort, but here goes:

PD was very generous and sent me many many samples of various lakeland tobaccos. Included among them were Bosun Cut Plug and Coniston Cut Plug. I like them both but I particularly liked one. Though for the life of me, I can't remember which one.

The lakeland scent was prominent, but the tobacco was equally flavorful. I read the TR description of each, but they each sound right. Can anyone think of any specific traits of one or the other that might help jog my memory...I may just have to order both, and that would be a sin, wouldn't it. :twisted:

Bosun is much more heavily flavored with that clove/lakeland thing. Not more perfumey, but the character of the spice in the scenting is stronger. Both are strong tobaccos, but Bosun comes across as stronger to me, both in tobacco strength and in the power of the scenting.

Oh, just occurred to me. Just shoot me your addy again. I know I have more Coniston (jars of it!) and I may have some more Bosun too. I'll send you some more (happy to do it). Even if I only have the Coniston, you smoke it and you'll know if that was the one or not. :)

Many thanks, PD, but I have taken advantage of your generosity twice, and I cannot abuse your courtesy any further. I'll add a few ounces of CCP to my next order and see for myself.

Puff Daddy":lu8vrwaa said:
Bosun is much more heavily flavored with that clove/lakeland thing. Not more perfumey, but the character of the spice in the scenting is stronger. Both are strong tobaccos, but Bosun comes across as stronger to me, both in tobacco strength and in the power of the scenting.

This sounds right to me. I much prefer CCP, personally. I think CCP is visually darker in general if memory serves. Can someone confirm that.