Boswell Blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northwoods is pretty darn good. It's a little sweeter than I prefer my latakia blends to be, but it's an excellent gateway to the dark side.

I cannot say enough good things about Northwoods. I buy it by the pound and have a hard time making it last. As D&B said, it is a bit sweeter than standard English blends but it is great in its own right.

Countryside is also just as good but a bit lighter.

I've never had any of their aero's.

I had a few of their burley's. Was not impressed and gifted them away.

Northwoods is darn good.
Berry Cobbler was sweet, but bit the crap out of my tongue even when sipping.
A lot of people dig their Christmas Cookie and I am sure one of them will comment on it soon...ahem Rob.

I am also of the opinion that their Northwoods is their best, but I enjoy most of their aro's also. In fact, Boswell's are nearly the only aro's that I smoke (not counting seasonals like Christmas blends, etc.).

My personal favorites are:
Piper's Pleasure
Boswell's Best
Pennsylvania Dutch Treat

I've tried almost all of the other ones, but these are my personal favorites. The berry ones are good, but I just couldn't get too into them. Not because they were too sweet, but the flavor was just not for me, personally.

So far I enjoy their:
Northwoods
Pa Dutch Treat
No Bite Delite.

Have an order of Pipers Pleasure and Christmas Cookie coming.

I've got a bit of a sweet tooth but here's my favorites from Boswell's

Personal Fav = Penn Dutch Treat
2nd = Berry Cobbler (Needs a little more drying time & a heavy walled blast but delicious when sipped).
3rd = Raspberry Cream
4th = Xmas Cookie
Cherry Smash, Sweet & Mild, Bear Blend, Country Side.

Pretty had to wrong with Boswell's blends. The only touble i've had is trying to limit it to a few as i like most of there blends. Good excuse for the wife that more pipes are needed.

Haven't tried too many, but the only one I really like is Hunters Choice.

Boswell's Best is good, but too similar to 1Q for me to keep both on hand. I know Northwoods gets a lot of love but to me its just ok. I didn't think it was anything special.

I'm stopping by tomorrow for a re-up of:
4 oz Northwoods - my primary smoke
4 oz Bear - a very mild crossover aromatic for my daughters boyfriend, Xmas gift
2 oz Railroad Station 965 - a MM965 knockoff, a little lighter than the Dunhill blend

I also like their "Magnum" blend for an occasional smoke. It is a milder English that smokes very well, very smooth and creamy, ribbon cut burns very nice.

kaiser83":urwbsnwu said:
A lot of people dig their Christmas Cookie and I am sure one of them will comment on it soon...ahem Rob.
Yup, I've been very happy with all of them, especially Christmas Cookie. Let's see, I'll make a list of my favorites - to stay consistent with the others.

1. Christmas Cookie
2. Piper's Pleasure
3. Berry Cobbler
4. Bear Blend

I had a nice visit with JM today, he always has some fascinating tobacco lore to share.
I picked up a few ounces of RR965 (MM965 is a staple). I had tried this blend from Boswells two years ago, but found it too strong/heavy lat for my nubile taste buds. It is quite similar to MM965, I'm really enjoying this first bowl.

I helped an entomologist from WV pick out a pipe and some tobacco. He was heading to NJ to assess storm damage to the insect life. You never know who you will run into at Boswells.

riff raff":vqjh754m said:
I helped an entomologist from WV pick out a pipe and some tobacco. He was heading to NJ to assess storm damage to the insect life. You never know who you will run into at Boswells.
Was he bugged out over all the choices?

Sorry....but it had to be said...

then again maybe not :lol:

That is very cool though.

Slide":uzanwocv said:
riff raff":uzanwocv said:

He sure was. To this point, he had a corncob and had only smoked a blend from his local cigar shop. We hooked him up with some Bear blend, a nice cross-over Aromatic. He picked a very nice pipe for himself, to be a Christmas gift.

I would like to see this shop and some others that really cater to pipe smokers some day.

I'll have to plan a vacation around it. I'm sure my girls will be "so excited" :lol:

Slide":rpcmztnz said:
riff raff":rpcmztnz said:

I see what you did there. :lol!:

Good one! :lol:

Piper's Pleasure
Boswell's Best
Blend 35
No Bite DeLite

It only took me since late 2016 to find Boswell’s blends.

Well, thank you very much. I'm a newbie, so it's nice to know that I'm making a small contribution....