Boswell Meet & Greet - Jan '12

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riff raff

Reaction score
Some of you Boswell and pipe enthusiasts have expressed interest in meeting at Boswell Pipes & Tobacco in January. I called the shop today and spoke with Dan. He said any Saturday is fine by them and we are welcome for their entire business day, 10 - 4 PM. Dan said they aren't in the workshop on Saturday, but can stay on the floor to answer questions etc. Once we get a date determined, he said to let him know and he would beef up inventory.

So, which Saturday in January works for most of those interested? Please post your preference of:

Jan 7th - my preference, but I'll make any work.

Jan 14th -

Jan 21st -

Jan 28th -

I'll pop for coffee and donuts at the nearby Dunkin Donuts. If the group wants to stay thru lunch, I might even be able to come up with some fried chicken and biscuits from one of my nearby Roy Rogers Restaurants. Although, I've never eaten fried chicken and smoke a pipe!

What are the thoughts of the group?

You can map out travel here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=rdN&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&q=JM+Boswells,+Chambersburg+PA&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=16984l19712l0l20066l17l16l0l0l0l0l251l2531l2.11.3l16l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=640&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

I'll also be inviting similarly interested folks from the PipesMagazine and SmokersForums groups.

Thanks for being proactive and setting this up Riff Raff....I can make the 7th or the 21st.

Boxerbuddy":xzcgstfl said:
Thanks for being proactive and setting this up Riff Raff....I can make the 7th or the 21st.
I can probably get a "Friends & Family" rate at the nearby Marriott Fairfield Inn, if you need to stay the night. That goes for anyone.

I'll let dates/replies percolate for a few days, than start narrowing it down.

I am going to do my best to make it. I have no specific date requirements.

Any weekend in Jan. will work for me. I stopped in last saturday and got myself a new pipe and over a pound of baccy. It was my first trip to Boswells and I was treated like I had been there a hundred times already. Very warm and welcoming. Nice to see people arent just looked at as wallets.

Stevepwns
aka Jake

I just have to keep a watchful eye on the NFL playoffs. My nephew is giving me his Ravens playoff tickets, if there is a home game.

Not sure what date I can make but would sure like to be there. Ill try and make it whatever date is decided.

Uh, looks like I can save my cash for those Ravens home-game play-off tickets....
Jan 7th is shaping up to be a first choice date.

This really does sound exciting. Wish you guys a very happy time on your meet & greet!

Ok, I'll pick the date:
January 7th - 10 AM
PM me so if you can make it, and I'll get a list together.

When I passed through there in late Oct. of this year, I stayed at the Travelodge for less than $60 per night which is right across the street from Boswells. (Pet friendly too)

Wish you could have arranged a meeting then. It's too far a drive for me now.

Jim

OK so no date as of yet?

May I put in a request for the last saturday of the month. Im in the reserves and and wont be able to make the on the 7th. If we set for the last saturday it will give plenty of time for anyone wanting to come to plan.

Just an idea seeing that its the end of december already.

EDIT: Sorry didnt see a date had been picked, I guess Ill have to wait for the next one. :(

Any Saturday works so far for me right now , if later in the moth is more convenient, either the 21st or 28th.

Anyday after the 19th (my daughter's birthday), although the possibility of snow and driving the PA turnpike are factors that will consider whether or not I can make it. Will try, in any event.

Sorry MDSmoker, I'd have like to meet you. Perhaps another time.

MDPipeSmoker":wfer9cz3 said:
OK so no date as of yet?

May I put in a request for the last saturday of the month. Im in the reserves and and wont be able to make the on the 7th. If we set for the last saturday it will give plenty of time for anyone wanting to come to plan.

Just an idea seeing that its the end of december already.

EDIT: Sorry didnt see a date had been picked, I guess Ill have to wait for the next one. :(

So riff raff do we actually have enough people confirmed to qualify for a legit meet and greet? I actually have no idea what that number might be but I guess it would be like 5 or more. Are we definately on for the 7th?

Jan 7th is definitely a go.
10 AM until ?? The shop closes at 4 PM. I can't stay until 4 PM myself.
I have five folks on an email list that are interested, 3 from here and 2 from the PipesMagazine forum.
I'll send an email reminder today as well.