BOSWELL PIPE AND TOBACCO LOVERS

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ITSETTLE

Reaction score
Hey fellow Pipe Smokers, just thought I would start a new post on Boswell Pipes and Tobaccos. What are your favorite Boswells Pipes and Tobaccos?

Northwoods. Majestic 586. I'd rate Cherry Smash above any other cherry tobacco out there.

I own 12 or 13 Bozzies. My absolute favorite is probably is a jumbo brandy I picked up via briarblues.com. I smoke cav blends in that one. I've got a stubby tomato that I smoke Northwoods in.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f45/17/05/91/06/dsc01810.jpg

Right now I'm back down to one Boswell, a bent billiard that smokes wonderfully with burley blends. I had two others but some economic problems forced me to sell them. My favorite Boswell tobaccos include PA Dutch Treat, No Bite Delite, Raspberry Cream, Magnum Blend, Mild English, and Northwoods. Next time I order from them I'm going to try Cherry Smash. IMO there is no one that makes better aromatics.

Smokey

Magnum blend is my favorite smoke. I buy 6 ounces about every two months.
I have one Boswell pipe, a smaller bent billiard.
A wonderful shop and tobacconist.

A few of us met there a few weeks ago and had a great afternoon in the lounge.

What do you guys think of the special Bowl Coating that JM and Danny use on their pipes?

ITSETTLE":fg9p5i3l said:
What do you guys think of the special Bowl Coating that JM and Danny use on their pipes?
I've broken in two Boswells and found they don't break in very quickly. But, once they do, they smoke quite well. Whatever they use, I didn't notice any taste issues during the break-in process.

riff raff":tegeae2m said:
ITSETTLE":tegeae2m said:
I've broken in two Boswells and found they don't break in very quickly. But, once they do, they smoke quite well. Whatever they use, I didn't notice any taste issues during the break-in process.
Agreed.

Believe it or not my only issue with them is their stem work on the larger pipes. That and the over use of fishtails.

I own 3 Boswells...a Freehand, a bulldog, and a sitter.

Boswells is my go to for aromatic tobaccos. Dutch Treat, Chocolate Creme, Berry Cobbler, and Christmas Cookie (among others) are all excellent.

I enjoyed premium burley as well, and for latakia, Northwoods is very good, or Countryside for something a little lighter.

Dan's Blend is a favorite of a buddy of mine.

The bowl coating they use has helped me build a cake fast compared to the Peterson pipes I own. I am a huge fan of the Premium burley and a 50/50 mix of Dans Blend and Smokers Choice.

ITSETTLE":pn1lacvg said:
The bowl coating they use has helped me build a cake fast compared to the Peterson pipes I own. I am a huge fan of the Premium burley and a 50/50 mix of Dans Blend and Smokers Choice.
Good point, the Boswell coating is almost unnoticeable versus what Peterson uses. I removed the coatings from my few Petes.

RIFF RAFF,

I noticed you are from Western Maryland. What part are you from? I grew up around Deep Creek Lake, MD.

ITSETTLE":ttkk8wbz said:
RIFF RAFF,

I noticed you are from Western Maryland. What part are you from? I grew up around Deep Creek Lake, MD.
That section is not really Maryland, more like Alaska! <g> I live in the more moderate weather, Hagerstown area.

I'm up in Scranton this evening, brought along my Boswell bent and some Magnum. A bit chilly, but I squeezed in one quick smoke. Come on Spring time!

Riff Raff,

You are damn right about that area being Alaska! LOL How is the Magnum Blend? I have never tried it.

I'm a fan of Christmas Cookie and Northwoods. I don't own any of their pipes.

Edit: LOL not anymore.

Northwoods is my go-to tobacco. I simply love the stuff. My favorite aro of theirs is the Bear Blend, a nice caramel/vanilla flavor that gets lots of compliments for it's room note but is sickly-sweet at all. Their new Piper's Pleasure is a great one for morning coffee or after dinner.

I only have one of their pipes, a purchase from a fellow BoB. I like it an it smokes well, but I wonder if all their pipes have the same stem profile. Mine is kind of vertically thicker than most all of my other pipes. It isn't uncomfortable at all, but not as easy to clench.

I know this is late but I have 25 Boswell's all great smokers. A few of the tighter bent pipes have gargled, but have only smoked them a few times.