Boswell's Northwoods

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1968eric

Reaction score
This is good stuff. I'm new to Boswell tobacco but I've heard great things about their blends and their pipes for years.

Edit: Hmmmm, I think I did this wrong LOL.

1968eric":c7dnmxhm said:
This is good stuff. I'm new to Boswell tobacco but I've heard great things about their blends and their pipes for years.

Edit: Hmmmm, I think I did this wrong LOL.
i agree, boswell's northwoods is terrific...cant wait to try some of their other blends

One of the best Boswell's has to offer - Northwoods is a must try...

Sounds interesting>...Can you describe the tobacco, and your "tasting" view?? Thks.

The folks at Boswell's Pipes are real nice. I stopped in for a pipe and some tobacco and they treated me like they knew me for years. The tobacco is all good quality, the pipe I got is my favorite and they were great! I recommend them and their products very highly.

Am I right, that Northwoods has cavendish in the mix? Most B&M's I find always put cavendish into their house English.
Not a fan, no sir. :no:

I have looking for Boswell s Northwoods but all the retailers I have searched dont have it even listed. Where do you get that stuff?

innovador":uxgyzsyh said:
I have looking for Boswell s North woods but all the retailers I have searched dont have it even listed. Where do you get that stuff?

Boswellpipes.com - pick out what you want and then you have to place your order by phone.

19Volks71":kmiumcvf said:
innovador":kmiumcvf said:
I have looking for Boswell s North woods but all the retailers I have searched dont have it even listed. Where do you get that stuff?

Boswellpipes.com - pick out what you want and then you have to place your order by phone.
Thanks. I have never placed an order by the phone for tobacco but it seems that is the only way to get the best products. I will give it a try. :cheers:

Hello, brothers...

Speaking of Boswells...I ordered tobacco (via phone) from them previously. But what is Boswells' procedure in terms of inquiring about a pipe? Their new pipes are displayed on Thursday (I think), mostly already sold. A couple of days ago, I sent a email to ask, but no answer so far.

forsooth":u058bqto said:
Hello, brothers...

Speaking of Boswells...I ordered tobacco (via phone) from them previously. But what is Boswells' procedure in terms of inquiring about a pipe? Their new pipes are displayed on Thursday (I think), mostly already sold. A couple of days ago, I sent a email to ask, but no answer so far.
I tried for six months to get a pipe from them that I also liked aesthetically. Their operation is so small scale (father and son) and the releases are in such small batches, it's no surprise the attractive pipes are gone so quickly. Not to be ultra-cliche and hyper-corny, but early bird gets them worm. Keep trying.
I still haven't gotten mine- Though I must admit my intensity and persistence began to wane after about five weeks... by the end I wasn't checking until the day after they uploaded, which explains why there are no Boswell's on my rack.
Next time we take a family trip to NJ/NY, we may just make the pilgrimage to their B&M.

Thanks for the reply.

So, Boswells does not take pre-orders for pipes, or at least not easily. That's good to know. Congratulations to them for being so successful.

I have been able to purchase one Boswell pipe directly from them (after many failed attempts). Basically, you gotta already be on the phone with them, ready to make your selection, when the website updates on Thursday morning (say the website updates at 10:00 am, start calling at 9:58 am). Needless to say, once you have them on the phone, you only have seconds to make up your mind about which pipe you want. If you don't like to be rushed when shopping for pipes, it can be a very frustrating experience. Things move so fast, you basically won't know what you got until it shows up in your mailbox.

They're just a small shop and JM and Dan make all of the pipes by hand. I think they sell the majority of the pipes locally out of their shop. I am about an hour away from their shop....if you are even near Chambersburg, PA....it's worth stopping by. They usually have about 100 pipes on display in the shop.

billm67":jm28xmld said:
They're just a small shop and JM and Dan make all of the pipes by hand. I think they sell the majority of the pipes locally out of their shop. I am about an hour away from their shop....if you are even near Chambersburg, PA....it's worth stopping by. They usually have about 100 pipes on display in the shop.
That is correct. They post about 10 pipes each Thursday on their website, but display at least that many new on their wall rack. I always find a very similar pipe on the rack and bought two this way. I stop by there a lot, if someone wants a particular style, I'd be happy to stop and cell-pix it to you, than you can order via phone. The ones on the rack area also typically priced $15-$20 less than the ones on their weekly web listing.
I'm a fan of Northwoods as well, it's one of my mainstays.

If you are a fan of Boswell tobaccos and a fan of english blends then you MUST try northwoods...its heaven...I think I might even smoke some right now.

JM did a wonderful job with this blend :cheers:

bazsup":2q71ejkf said:
The folks at Boswell's Pipes are real nice. I stopped in for a pipe and some tobacco and they treated me like they knew me for years. The tobacco is all good quality, the pipe I got is my favorite and they were great! I recommend them and their products very highly.
My experience was identical. They're about 2 1/2-3 hours from me, but I took a trip there last October and intend to make it an annual visit. I've set the date for Saturday, October 1st this year.

They're all very friendly, the atmosphere is terrific and alot 'o folks come in just to shoot the breeze while hanging out on the couches and smoking.

I own 2 Boswell pipes, a freehand and a bulldog, both of which are attractive and smoke great.

I would say Boswells specializes in aromatics since that's the lionshare of their blends from what I can tell. Having said that, they are top quality aros, and the english blends they do have are all equally good. I suppose it's quality, not quantity. :D