Boswell's Premium Burley

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokey422

Reaction score
This is a review I posted on TR.com. Be advised that the price of BPB has gone up to $2.70/oz. since I wrote it. All tobaccos have gone up in price considerably.

Boswell's Premium Burley in the pouch has a mixture of brown burleys with some black Cavendish mixed in. The pouch aroma is a pleasant sweet smell that reflects its' nice room note. The cut is a chopped ribbon that packs and lights well with good burning characteristics.

BPB has a burley nuttiness with an overlying sweetness that is very pleasant to the taste buds. The taste stays pretty consistent most of the way down, with the sweetness perhaps fading just a bit in the bottom of the bowl.

Pricewise, BPB is reasonable for a high quality blend at $1.95/oz. J.M. uses very good leaf in his blends.

Scores for BPB: taste- 17 of 20; lighting and burn- 8 of 10; value- 8 of 10. 33 points equals a **** score for Boswell's Premium Burley. It is now a staple in my tobacco cabinet.

Smokey

Dave_In_Philly":mcwn9hro said:
How does it compare to OTC Burleys like Prince Albert and Carter Hall?
It's more flavorful, sweeter, and has a much better aroma.

Smokey

Boswells Burley is definitely good stuff. Never tried a blend from em I didn't like.