Bought a pipe today

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oupa

Reaction score
To many buying a new pipe may not be a big deal, but, to me it is a rare occasion.
Having had my FrankenKeyser stolen, I currently have only one and it has been working overtime to cope with my nicotine lust.

Here in Australia, especially if you stay in the middle of nowhere like I do, it is not possible to find a selection of candidates to fondle before deciding what to buy, so I had to go online.
Bit like looking for a wife in a "lonely hearts" column!:shock:
I pondered the various offerings - shapes, sizes, colors and looks.
Man, I never realized how many ladies there are to choose from.
There are those with heritage...with solid credentials, impeccable character references....but usually expensive to procure and just a little mundane in appearance.
Then there are those with the drop dead looks....maybe with a bit of a questionable reputation and mixed references.
You choose your new partner, ask around about her and the family she comes from and get all the info you can find.
Lots of navel gazing........ pondering.....head scratching.......and so on.

Then SHE walks into your life and you say "WOW - look at that little beauty....I am in Love"!!!
No amount of good advice will change your mind.
Throw caution to the wind and do the evil deed.
I just had to meet this lady in person.
db amber she calls herself.
Some love her, others say she is a flawed creature....I am about to find out for myself. :cheers:

Dirk
db.jpg

Amber, huh? :lol!:

Be careful, Dirk. She sounds like a handful. ;)

I don't know much about Berlin Design pipes but, it does look like a nice one sir.
As far as purchasing a pipe not being any big deal, I can't disagree more. I purchase a few pipes every month and I still feel like a little boy at Christmas that can't wait to get his hands on it. And also having the addiction to lady Nic because I use to be a cigarette smoker I do inhale my pipe and enjoy every bit of it. But, that's my choice isn't it? ;) This, "you aint a true Pipe smoker because you inhale" crapola is just what it is.
My pipe, my life, my choice.

Cartaphilus, we think along similar lines.
If we lived a bit nearer to each other, I suspect we would have shared some good stories around a campfire or BBQ.

Dirk

I have 6 Design Berlin pipes and all of them a fine smokers. In my opinion they are a great value and severely under rated by the pipe smoking community. I picked up this 2009 POY a few months back and it's a well engineered pipe. I'm sure you will find that you made a good choice.  :)

AJ

Great acquisition brother, that amber stem really sings on that pipe.

Dirk, that's a right purty lady you picked up! Congrats and enjoy her company in rude good health sir!

oupa":vvqauqx4 said:
Just so long as she is not too hot to handle!!! :twisted:
We need to shut down this analogy now, before we get to 'reaming'...Dammit, too late!

Alright, might as well now: she seems to have all the right curves in all the right places mate, good luck breaking her in and with a little TLC she'll never go sour on you.

I bought her from pipe-24 on Ebay.
The German owner hand selects his stock and his prices are keen.
He answers emails promptly and seems a likable bloke.
A pleasant experience for sure.

Dirk
pipe2.jpg
" />

Smokey looks that pipe has! Lovely lines. Let us know how she smokes!

If you find yourself looking for another pipe on line, I'd highly recommend a Brigham (as long as it says made in Canada) or a Phillip Trypis. I have several of both. They are not expensive and smoke very nicely. Phillip used to carve for Brigham in their heyday before retiring and making his own.

She sure is a looker. Lovely little Shiela. Let us know how the wedding night turns out! ;)

Oupa Dirk, you must be looking forward to the honeymoon :twisted:

Beautiful pipe, I have 2 db's and both are excellent smokers. I'm sure you're going to love your new lady.

Well, Amber arrived today.
Nicely rounded buxom wench she is too. :shock:
Like classic German beauties, she is quite a handful - broad in the beam, sturdy and true.
I think we could have a long and happy relationship. :D

Dirk