Bought me a new knife..

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Kershaw Needs Work. Pretty cool.

I got to sneak home for a few hrs. I field stripped myself. Ball cap off.. Keys, change, billfold, knife, phone in the cap. And walked off. An hour or so later I needed a knife for something, got done and set it with my pipe stuff (my back up 'you'll see it before you go when you get some pipes' place). Oops.

I realized 15 minutes after I left that I'd forgotten it. Too late.
I stopped at the SuperWalmart in West Memphis Arkansas. Hmm a Kershaw?? Ok. Good enough, I wanted one anyway.
It's got a wharncliffe? Blade in BR549 Sanvic steel sport glassy polymer stuff for space agey goodness. Assisted opening and stuff. Blah blah. Lol

Or in other words, for what I'll use it for its perfect. It's a cutter not a stabber and with the odd at first angle of blade to handle it is very easy to hold onto.

I'll put my gifted Spyderco back in my pocket when I get home in a month or two but until then this works just fine.

There is a HUGE flea market in Southern Ohio that happens three times a year near Lucasville, that happened to be this past weekend.

I spent the day there on Saturday, before getting rained out - and kept my eyes open for Spyderco & Kershaw knives as well as pipes.

I didn't have much hope of running into high quality knives, guns, or pipes - but did pick up a few cheap estate pipes to clean up.

Based on threads here, I'm keeping my eye out for a spyderco knife. I don't often have use for one in my line of work, but it's nice to have a reliable knife when I do need one.