Bow Hunting in Michigan 2012

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelx64

Reaction score
I am so glad hunting season has started here in Michigan. Below is a pic of my first bow kill of 2012

That looks like a solid 140's class buck in the pic. Good shoot. I leave for Illinois Nov 6 in search of big ones. The PA weather is still warm here and only seeing young bucks now.

Nice buck Michael! Nothing beats the adrenaline rush of bowhunting! :cheers:

Nice buck.

Illinois prime time bowhunting traditionally is the last week of Oct. and the first two weeks of Nov. When I did that sort of thing that was vacation time.

You're lucky, Michael. My hunting grounds in Branch County has been hit pretty hard by the EHD virus. No one's been seeing much of anything this season.

The tines on that rack are huge, congrats on a fine shot, I don't know what the season limit is on deer in your area but I wish you continued success. Thanks for sharing tour experience.
:cheers:

congrats!

has to be a panoramic!

no luck in indy as of yet. waitin' on the crops that didnt grow to be harvested.

hopefully next 2-3 weeks will be better!

camo

BriarBrad":su1dfxmg said:
That looks like a solid 140's class buck in the pic. Good shoot. I leave for Illinois Nov 6 in search of big ones. The PA weather is still warm here and only seeing young bucks now.
BriarBrad, just curious as to which county you will be headed to here in IL?

Fulton and Brown. I have a farm near Macomb on the Spoon River. My friend has a lease in Ipava and picking up a horse trailer the other way on the way home. Heading out on the 3rd now versus the 6th.