Brass, lead, powder and primer,,,it's the new gold

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
We've seen an increase in the number of coyotes in our area lately. I thought I'd pick up something shooting fast and flat
and do a little thinning. I thought a .25-06  would reach out and do the job so I perused the market and found Savage offers a bolt action with a 3-9 scope package at a reasonable price. The downfall comes with the price of the ammo. The cost of the rifle package equals the price of 8 boxes of ammo, which by the way is nonexistant.  With the store shelves bare of everything but shotgun shells and new EPA standards shutting down lead smelting and production in the U.S. it looks like the anti gun kooks have won.  It's enough of a headache trying to find the standard calibers without banging my head looking for unobtainium new stuff. In a few years they'll be giving away rifles with an ammo purchase.

I think gold has peaked out so I'm investing in ammunition.

RANT OVER.

My guys shelves are stocked. Everything but 22 bricks, which baffles me. I can go in and score Ar-15, cases of 9mm, 223, whatever at will.

puros_bran":tvr1mjkn said:
My guys shelves are stocked.   Everything but 22 bricks, which baffles me.  I can go in and score Ar-15, cases of 9mm, 223, whatever at will.
.22 ammo is "the" universal round.
It's worth its' weight in gold right now............

You have alot of folks that watch for the trucks to run for walmart. Buy 22 bricks for 21 dallors. turn around and put them on arms list or other sell sites and double their money

I can get it by the box all day long. Just no bricks. I know same thing... But not really. I like the big box for all the little boxes.