Brigham 613 "Prince"

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brighamguy

Reaction score
Hi All,
I found a very nice 613 Brigham at a local antique store recently. Unfortunately the stem was missing. I paid $5.00 so I think I found a nice example to send away and have a replacement stem made.

Does anyone have a photo of this model that I can use for reference? I need to know what the stem shape looks like so I can have a replacement one made.

Thanks
Paul

Paul - the 123 shape is listed in this BRIGHAM BROCHURE I posted on my blog site.

It looks like a pretty classic Prince shape - 1/8 bent stem. If you're sending the stummel to an authorized Brigham repair facility, they should be able to find a suitable stem for you. Be aware, though, that you'll most likely get a modern Brig stem with the plastic tenon as opposed to a vintage aluminum one.

Here is a  3-dot from my collection:

If your 613 is the same size/shape, I may actually have an aluminum-tenoned stem that might work. It would have to be pinned.

Whoops - got a bit ahead of myself there, Paul, and sent a pic of an Author pipe (shape 29) instead of a Prince (shape 13). :fpalm: Of course, Brigham confuses nomenclature a bit, as their Shape 12 is also call a Prince, but it's got a canted bowl and a deeper bend than their Shape 13 Prince. :shock:

The two pipes are roughly the same size, though, so the stem I've got is still a likely candidate. I've got the kit to do the brass pins too. :D

That's a lovely Brigham you have there Piper!

Very nice.

:cheers:

"If your 613 is the same size/shape, I may actually have an aluminum-tenoned stem that might work. It would have to be pinned"

Charles, can you PM me about this? I would like to get that stem if you have a spare. Thanks
Paul