Broken Flake # 7

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cadfael

Reaction score
After drooling over Brother Tkach's video, I remembered I had some G&H Broken Flake #7 in the cellar. Sure enough, there it was! After a few months rest, the floral scent is less pronounced and the flakes have dried nicely to smoking moisture level. This is very tasty stuff, not too strong, and with a nice room note now that the florals have somewhat abated. I smoke it in a cob as I do not yet have a dedicated Lakeland pipe.

A fine flake for sure. An inversion of the tobacco proportions of Coniston Cut Plug. I found that I continued to prefer CCP as a matter of personal taste but this is a flake you should try imho if you're interested in literally any of the GH&Co. Lakeland offerings.

That sounds interesting. I've never tried Lakeland, but I'm always on the lookout for blends that don't wrinkle the wife's nose. As the saying goes, "If she ain't happy, nobody's happy." I may have to try this - thanks!

Dottleman":d8vmnqud said:
That sounds interesting. I've never tried Lakeland, but I'm always on the lookout for blends that don't wrinkle the wife's nose. As the saying goes, "If she ain't happy, nobody's happy." I may have to try this - thanks!
Please do not think of this as an aromatic!

Blackhorse":5xm7i4ax said:
No. 7 Broken Flake is my favorite Gawith item. It WANTS to be smoked.
I've been waiting since Tuesday to see you pop in on this one!

Blackhorse":v5ffj6cd said:
No. 7 Broken Flake is my favorite Gawith item. It WANTS to be smoked.
This is the reason I ordered it in the first place!

Had the chance to try some broken 7...this stuff is good. It's similar to ennerdale with vanilla reminds me of bosun cut plug meets ennerdale a bit. I will be smoking a lot of this. Also got some pensioner's mix and I really really like the topping