Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cigar2you

Reaction score
My wife is having a couple of friends and my mother in law over for a late lunch and I am looking for a brother or 10 to hang out with on February 2nd. Looking for something in MD or PA something within an hour or so from Baltimore. Possible locations could be Boswell Pipes in PA, Faders in Reisterstown MD, something near Philly if any of the brothers have any ideas. I am open to suggestions at this point. I would even be open to hanging out with a brother or two at their place if they have a shop and want to work on a few project pipes or just sit around smoke and share some good conversation.

I used to live in Riverside when I worked at APG. I couldn't find a pipe smoker for miles back then! The trip would be a little too long now. Best of luck and I hope someone takes you up on your offer. If you're ever in NY, hit me up. I'd be glad to have a smoke and some "adult beverages"! Happy Smokes!!! :king:

PS: NY Pipe Show on March 9th. in Newark, NJ!!!!!!
https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t21293-new-york-pipe-show-2013-20th-anniversary

Already made arrangements to be off work so I will definitely be in Newark.

Cigar2you":ieyt1q97 said:
Already made arrangements to be off work so I will definitely be in Newark.
Well, you'll have to keep a lookout for me then. We usually head to J&R's in Whippany, NJ for the "after show smoke fest and dinner". As the days come closer, PM me and let me know what time you'll be up there.

Ever been to Wingeroth's in Lebanon, Top Shelf in Skippack, BnB in Chesnut Hill or Black Cat near Norristown?

hp les

I have not been to any of these locations, but I know that they are deitely inving distance from the house. Do they have a ood seltion of pipes and tobacco?

Wingenroth's advertises that it has 300 tinned blends, and has a 5 for 4. Top Shelf has a similar deal, more in McClellands. Black Cat and BnB are down the pike from TS - we could do a B&M crawl.

hp
les

Sounds good to me. Lets see put a plan together and figure out where we are going to meet up.

Sounds like fun.
Les is a good guy. Always a great time chatting with Les.
(Here's a hint......He loves Latakia!)

image15.jpg

The meet up was a great time. We did a B&M tobacco crawl starting at Old Havana Cigars, then a wonderful ride through the Pennsylvania countryside to Top Shelf and from there to Black Cat. I believe Top Shelf has the largest open sample tin collection in the area with a ton of vintage weed to smoke. Above you will see a picture of Les and I as well as the proprietor of Top Shelf Jay.

Cigar - that was indeed a grand time. We sure did score some HTF blends. Next crawl we plan might want to include Wingenroth's. Hope you make IPSD at Morley's on the 20th. I sure enjoyed looking over your nice briar.

hp
les

Wow, how did I miss this one! A good looking group!
If you want to do a Saturday meeting at Boswells, I'm overdue for a visit.

DoverPipes":hfy6z7kq said:
Cigar: That's you?
Weren't we talking at Kaywoodie?
Yes Dover we have met a couple of times at both Newark last year and at Kaywoodie. At Newark I usually hang out the Scottdmb and the Chesapeake pipe club.

lestrout":1d7cz3be said:
Cigar - that was indeed a grand time. We sure did score some HTF blends. Next crawl we plan might want to include Wingenroth's. Hope you make IPSD at Morley's on the 20th. I sure enjoyed looking over your nice briar.

hp
les
Sounds like a great idea Les. I am free most weekends so whenever the weather is suitable for fishing well have to get together again.

Cigar2you":ozk8ws0f said:
DoverPipes":ozk8ws0f said:
Cigar: That's you?
Weren't we talking at Kaywoodie?
Yes Dover we have met a couple of times at both Newark last year and at Kaywoodie. At Newark I usually hang out the Scottdmb and the Chesapeake pipe club.
Didn't make the connection to your screen name here on B.O.B. :oops:

Rob_In_MO":3xif8rdw said:
riff raff":3xif8rdw said:
Wow, how did I miss this one!
Must've been all of that LA driving. Gas fumes were too much for you, I guess. :lol:

:lol!:
Yeah, Hollywood, put the top up sometime ... 8)