Brothers with tattoos

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThEpIpEsMoKiNgDrUmMeR

Reaction score
Ok so a brother on here noticed a bit of my ink in my avatar pic, and we thought it would be an interesting idea to start a thread to see how many of us are tattoo'd pipe smokers :)

So, My contribution, most of my tattoo's at the moment, (some need a little bit of re colouring unfortunately by now, but you get the idea)

(Sorry for the last one) :p

I'd love to, but my gang would kill me and the police would identify me. 8) No one else has such old Internet memes and Church of the Subgenius markings.

All mine are black ink, no colour as yet.

Emperor Dragon on right arm.
Chaos Star on chest.
Tribal Cross, armband and symbol on left arm.
Discordian symbol on right leg.

Kyle Weiss":nxl290s3 said:
I'd love to, but my gang would kill me and the police would identify me. 8) No one else has such old Internet memes and Church of the Subgenius markings.
Haha, fair enough Kyle :p

Gumball-

Sounds good man, Sometimes i think that if i could start all over again i would have just black and grey, but i still like mine, mostly, :p I still have quite a long way to go before my sleeves are finished, (I have almost a full right sleeve now, a few little gaps)

I have two. A flaming heart in the "I'm 17 and trying to hide this from my parents" spot just under my bikini line. And a huge celtic knot with flames around it that takes up my lower back....no it's not a tramp stamp. It runs from belt line to bra line and from side to side. I would post a pic, but my husband would not be happy.

Honestly, I can't get over the fear that I might, one day, regret whatever artwork I chose to have tattooed onto my skin. I've had several ideas (all pretty low-key, really), but can't bring myself to pull the trigger.

I have one. Turning 30 was a bit of a mid-life crisis for me (sounds weird now, but I was in a huge funk about it at the time).

So I got inked for my 30th birthday.

tattoo-3-1.jpg

it's on the inside of my left arm, just below my elbow.

for me the symbolism was a HUGE part of the decision, and every tiny bit of the design was thought, over-thought, thought-out again, and then knit-picked until I was satisfied...

then, I spent months shopping for an artist that I was happy with.

I'm a short-sleeved pocket t-shirt kind of guy - so the location was intentional in that I wanted it to be somewhere that I had to see it all the time.

In December I'll have had this one four years. I'm itching to get another!

you've done time, or just thought the spider web on the elbow looked neat?

Kyle Weiss":scoz6fu9 said:
Tattoos are expensive...you must be a hell of a musician. :lol:
:lol!: Well i am not a big headed person in the slightest, so i never boast or anything like that, but i suppose one way to put it is i have been playing the drums for going on 15 years, so i would call myself "experienced" :p haha, I have played in quite a number of bands, im currently in a band called Kyra, (from the lake district) and we have four or five professional grade songs up on youtube, if your at all interested, it is quite heavy music, but i think its different from the norm, just a warning, haha, (the picture for these songs is a girl sat at a desk tying her shoelace) and we have a music video for the song called "These precious things" which has been put on Kerrang tv in the last few weeks, (national tv :D) so we have a few hopeful sounding things happening at the moment, (im not actually in the vid though unfortunately, the old drummer was still there when they did it, but the idea is to get the band name more recognised, plus it was an expensive shoot.)

But tangent aside, yeah they are pretty darn expensive, i have been "collecting" for over 8 years now though :p

Sisyphus- haha, no i have not done time :p i just thought it looked cool

Scotties- they sound really cool, and i agree, a full back piece is not a tramp stamp :p not in my book anyway, but yeah i understand why you might not want to post a pic.

roogles- thats a nice tatt, and it would seem it is one with some kind of meaning to it. :) i like it, I haven't had a mid life crisis style moment yet, i realise im only 24, but i guess it could happen any time really, i did start getting them just before i was 16 too. haha

and idbowman- I know what you mean, i have a lot of friends that feel the same way about tatt's, want them, but aren't sure, in fact my dad is in his early 50's and he still doesn't know if he wants to commit to one, As you can clearly tell, i never had that problem :p

I just cant wait till both my sleeves are finished.

That's funny. He's worried about music perhaps being too normal... for me... :lol: I work with electronic music, mostly IDM and experimental. I'm totally cool with "different." I'll go search for your stuff. You Brits usually know how sound should be approached. 8)

Kyle Weiss":1wc3prah said:
That's funny. He's worried about music perhaps being too normal... for me... :lol: I work with electronic music, mostly IDM and experimental. I'm totally cool with "different." I'll go search for your stuff. You Brits usually know how sound should be approached. 8)
Have samples on Soundcloud Kyle?

Tattoos are for child molesters, rapist, Penn state coaches, murderers, thiefs, prostitutes, drug dealers, etc..

puros_bran":oprmvwxl said:
Tattoos are for child molesters, rapist, Penn state coaches, murderers, thiefs, prostitutes, drug dealers, etc..
Hey, I'm only two of those things!

Ink? Link!

puros_bran":bigc0102 said:
Pfff, welcome back, 1989... :p 8)