Bruce Weaver Nosewarmer Commissioned *PICS*

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
Here's the first pic folks! What a sick blast!

untitled-2.jpg

I've been totally blown away with the quality of Bruce Weaver's blasts lately. His ring grain blasts are nothing short of amazing! Reminicent of friend Richard Essereman's comments about JT Cooke, Bruce isn't just sandblasting now, he's sand carving!

The pipe will be a deeply blasted and dark stained group 5 apple/nosewarmer with a short bakelite stem and a wide open draw. It should be ready inside of a month.Of course I'll post pics when I've got them.

I'm drooling over what I imagine that pipe will look like. Can't wait to see the actual pipe when it's realized.

Here's one of Bruce's recent creations! I don't imagine that it'll last very long on his site...
480_4179.jpg

I got a call from Mr.Weaver yesterday and he said the pipe was shaping up quite nicely. He had six plus hours into the sandblasting alone! That's *&%#@^ CRAZY! I can't wait to see it and post the pics! :lol:

I love this pipe! The blast is incredibly deep and craggy. It's just what I envisioned when I commissioned this piece!. The smooth top was very unexpected but lends a touch of elagance to the design. The shape itself is perfect and again just what I had in mind. It's not too short and not to long. It's the ideal nosewarmer imo! The fauvory (faux ivory) wasn't part of my inital idea but it's very necessary in the transition of shank to stem and gives the pipe a modern flair. The stem work is excellent too. I was very pleased with it's fit! There's absolutely NO lightgap at all!

I've already smoked it twice and am thrilled so far. The draw is free and easy and the bowl is already building a bit of cake. The stem is also very comfortable. I'm sure that it will be a pipe that I reach for over and over again!

This is my very first Bruce Weaver pipe but it surely won't be my last. Bruce was truly awesome to deal with! He had the whole project done within two weeks and updated me every step along the way with it's progress. It was an absolute pleasure and I'm already thinking up the next design that Bruce will create for me....

really cool pipe dock, the black and yellow is just a neat combo....hmmm, bruins victory pipe?

frankluke":nenvx8u1 said:
really cool pipe dock, the black and yellow is just a neat combo....hmmm, bruins victory pipe?

:cheers: I didn't even think of that Nick! Absolutely! I think this town's waited long enough to see our B's win the cup! :cheers: