Buffeted but still flying

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d4klutz

Reaction score
I have not been very involved in this site for the past few months due to home/ work / general life. As some of you may remember, I lost my job almost two months ago. I found a temp job, but with all the rain down here, I was literally rained out of work. So, I called up a company I had interviewed with, and was hired the next day! They have kept me extremely busy. I have been with them for 2 1/2 weeks now.

I have also been spending quite a few hours in a flight simulator. I get to enjoy that and smoke my pipe at the same time. It is a way to decompress. On Saturday's I have started to help a friend fix up his car collection. All are classics, and most are numbers matching. 66 mustang, 65 cougar, a 62 Falcon, just to name a few.

Last Friday, I took my family to Missouri for my Grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary. We got to see all of my relatives. It was a great trip, but long. We got back Saturday morning (early) and are now getting ready for getting back to our daily routine. I am looking forward to being active again.

well done buddy, good to hear that things are looking up again, just be busy and overall be happy

keep us posted on how you do

Congratulations D4 you landed on your feet as expected, well done sir.

:cheers:

Congrats on the job. Hope it works out well for you. Isn't Hockley down around Houston but you folks didn't get it as bad as in Houston?

I was thinking about you just a few days ago and wondering where you taken off to.
Were your ears ringing? Glad to hear your doing well and keeping busy, "idle hands are the devils workshop" and look forward to hearing from you again.

Great to hear things are moving in a positive direction JP. The economy has knocked a bunch of us down, but we get right back up bleeding.

This is good news JP. Glad to know things are working out for you and the family. I'm looking forward to reading your posts again. :)

AJ

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: The silhouette is back!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

alandadp":4qf6ds4p said:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: The silhouette is back!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Alfred Hitchcock? :suspect:

Thanks, All! I am glad to finally be on the upswing side again. The last two months have been a tad stressful. I appreciate the prayers and good vibes sent my way. I see Cart got bombed to smithereens. I was sad to have missed out on that one. But there is rarely a more deserving fellow. I hope he got plenty of lady soap flavored baccy for all his shenanigans.

Anyways, work has me hopping. I drove almost 200 miles today taking care of business. I will post more about the new job soon. Let it suffice to say that it is right up my alley with a course for rapid advancement.

Thanks again for the prayers, thoughts, and well wishes.

pretty much the other side of the world, so nothing I can do to physically help you

but I do hope your efforts are rewarded, and more importantly recognised correctly so you can get where you need to be.

Glad to see things picking up for you and glad to see you back! Keeping busy supposedly keeps you young right? :p