buffing wheel

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djf1

Reaction score
Quick question. I dont think that I want to purchase a motor and a buffing wheel. Just cant justify the expense to polish my pipes only. However I do have a Porter Cable that I work on my cars. So would it hurt to use it? I know it sounds silly, but the buffing wheels I see on the video's are quite different than the paint pads that I use on my cars.
Anyone has done this?

Edit: Yeap it works! LOL... Just could not resist the temptation to try it out. Just waxed one of my pipes with 100% carnauba and the polishing pad that I use on my cars. It works really well!

Just giver bro , I picked up a Ryobi bench grinder today at homedepot for $50 and some buffing wheels from KMS tools and carnuba wax from ebay , just gotta get some tripoli and white diamond tomorrow and I will be up and buffing !! got 18 estates that need work so I'm gonna get at it :) got a retort kit and reaming kit also coming from ebay so I'm gonna get myself mastering the art of pipe refurb , the hobby needs these extra steps to really make it that a hobby if you just smoke'm your just a poser lol

well after finding a video on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUWb2K8aU7k

showing how to get good results out of using the bench grinder I bought I took back the buffing wheels and ordered the 4" beale buffing system :

http://www.bealltool.com/products/buffing/buffer.php

so looks like I'll have a great semi cheap little setup shortly in the next week or so :)

Hmm, I also have a Porter-Cable random orbital polisher with velcro pad system (Meguiars) for my cars. That does have a nice, slower speed than my bench polisher used for metal parts (way too fast). I need to find some pure Carnuba wax, my car stuff has a cleaner in it and I'm afraid to use that on my briar.