Bulldog day

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
Got an unusual weekday off today so I went a' lookin for somethin good to smoke. Dug out some 2006 FVF and a pair of bulldogs. So, a random post on bulldogs :)  Feel free to join in and share.

This is a shape I intended to begin a collection of, but I'm such a picky SOB and somewhat limited on pipe fundage (due to a couple of kids that try to eat me outta house and home) that my bulldog collection is rather small at the moment. These two are my favorites, a Tinsky BoB POY and a Ser Jacopo Opus. The wife and kids just left, listening to some ham radio on an SDR system, cup of black coffee at the ready. It's shaping up to be a pretty good monday.
image.jpg1_zpsu85voj71.jpg

Sounds like an ace day PD. I remember looking at that POY admiringly when you had it commissioned. Still looks great now mate. A fine pair!

'doggies are probably my favourite shape, and those are two fine examples PD. In fact I'm smoking my Tinsky '15 POTY 'doggy right now! Looks quite like yours but I had Mark bend the stem slightly. Fine piece of briar.

8)

Cheers,

RR

PD, those are two beauties :cheers: and the makers on both are a great choice, you know they are well crafted for sure!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

That's two very nice pipes PD. I have a tough time dealing with your choice of tobacco if it comes from a fresh tin but yours is10 years old and that's a delicious age for FVF.  :)

AJ

I like the ergonomics of a bulldog, since I'm a holder rather than a clencher. The diamond shank is perfect for holding the forefinger over a top panel and the thumb underneath on a botton panel. Stays put, especially on a blast like yours.