Bulleit Rye 95

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
First sips as I write this. Saw it on sale at Trader Joes for less than $20 so I felt it was a sign, gotta try it.

95% rye, 5% barley, distilled by a contract distillery in Indiana for Bulleit (Who is now nothing more than another purchased brand under the Diageo umbrella), reported to have between 4 and 7 years age on it before bottling.

It's damned unusual. Has herbal gin-like notes under a heavy citrus presence, a bit of peppery heat, dry and very clean on the nose and palate. Sipped in a Glancairn glass with a couple of drops of water (90 proof). This is one of the better rye's I've ever had :)

Puff Daddy":jymu4xit said:
First sips as I write this. Saw it on sale at Trader Joes for less than $20 so I felt it was a sign, gotta try it.

95% rye, 5% barley, distilled by a contract distillery in Indiana for Bulleit (Who is now nothing more than another purchased brand under the Diageo umbrella), reported to have between 4 and 7 years age on it before bottling.

It's damned unusual. Has herbal gin-like notes under a heavy citrus presence, a bit of peppery heat, dry and very clean on the nose and palate. Sipped in a Glancairn glass with a couple of drops of water (90 proof). This is one of the better rye's I've ever had :)
Oh yeah, baby! sunny Just before Christmas I have been picking up a bottle that catches my eye at the local discount liquor store. Having had Bulleit Bourbon, I saw this Rye sitting next to it and had to try it. Mighty fine. Citrus, honey, and spice. The faintest bit of oak. I drink it on the rocks. Sacrilege, I know. 8) But I like it that way.

Grabbed a bottle of this last week by mistake, luckily; it was misfiled on the bourbon shelf in my local State Store. It's quite nice, and now I'm interested in Ryes, so it was a happy error.