Bundle cigar recommendations

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ocelot55

Reaction score
To all cigar smokers out there, I need a recommendation.

These days it's hard for me to find time to sit and enjoy a great cigar, let alone pipe, but I do find myself smoking cigars while I'm making pipes. (low maintenance, no worries about the pipe getting caught in the lathe, ect) I have smoked through a box of La Auroras and a cheapie box of in house Maduros from a major online retailer that fit the bill, but now I'm in the mood for something different.

I'm looking for any and all recommendations for an affordable, medium bodied, long filler, bundled cigar, at around the $3.00 or under price point. I care about construction and flavor, but I do not expect a real complex smoke. I just want something that tastes pleasant, burns evenly, and won't kick too much that I can absent mindedly puff on as I work. Any suggestions?

I almost forgot about Gran Habano. I bought a bundle of those several years ago. Flavor was good but I had a lot of burn issues. Still, wouldn't be bad to look into again. Good suggestion.

I'd like to give you a couple recommendations but La Aurora is hands down my favorite and you're looking for a change. They are the best medium bodied cigar ever for my palate and pocketbook.

docwatson":job45i50 said:
I'd like to give you a couple recommendations but La Aurora is hands down my favorite and you're looking for a change. They are the best medium bodied cigar ever for my palate and pocketbook.
You know, one of the reasons I am looking for a change is that the last box of La Auroras I had was pretty different than I was used to. The wrappers obviously were not Cameroon like they were supposed to be, but were more like a natural shade wrapper. Much too peppery than I like.

I don't know what is up with La Aurora lately, but it seems to me that their consistency has declined. I used to go nuts over their 1492 series, but ever since CI has put them up on the chopping block and they redesigned their basic label they haven't seemed nearly as good.

Jesse, I have mentioned these cigars before, but the Jesus Fuego Origen Originales Corona is an outstanding cigar for the $2 price tag. I picked up an entire box of 12 packs recently from Cigar Place, and paid $1.30 each by buying them on the first of the month, saving the shipping charges.

During the last minute of this video, Jesus discusses this little premium stick, and how they originated in the factory.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qfosVhk5Wnw" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>