Burberry trench coat

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The continuing saga in case anyone's been following my little Burberry adventure...

Years ago I had a Stafford trench, Stafford being JC Penny's premier line.  It was a dead knock off of the ORIGINAL Burberry tench with all the details and with appropriate storm flaps. D rings, leather buckles, button through flap pockets, enclosed box pleat in the back, button in wool lining and collar, et al.  Man, I loved that coat.  And then the dry cleaners ruined it; I picked it up and it was tie dyed.  Apparently they spilled some sort of solution on it; completely ruined.  They paid me for it (sort of) but I was never able to find a replacement that I liked half so well.

So I'm perusing the bay and what do I find but my old coat, in my size, listed as new without tags!  And cheap!  Well, I jumped on it.  Problem is, so did another guy, and we got into a bidding war.  "Who the hell else would want a JC Penny's trench so badly!?" I'm thinkin'.  The bidding was over at 4:00AM, so finally I put in my max bid which was WAY more than I should have bid (and I'm serious; as much as I'd paid for the Burberry!) and went to bed.

I got up in the morning to two emails: the first that the SOB had outbid me.  The second that there had been a bid retraction (why I have no idea) and that not only was I the high bidder, I was the only bidder so my bid had reverted to the starting price!

I received a credit in full including all shipping on the Burberry; very honest ebay seller.  So now I await the arrival of the Stafford, to see if it's everything I remembered.  Anon...

If we're talking about the same coat, I remember that Stafford trench; it was reviewed very highly by Consumer Reports--higher than the then current Burberry, if memory serves. This, right after my having bought the friggin' Burberry.  :x

The end of the saga.  The coat arrived and it's everything I remembered.  Fabric seems much beefier than the Burberry I had and returned, and it has ALL the features and styling of what I remember from old Burberrys (the one I returned just had SOME of them, and that seems the case in most of those I've found; never could find a Bur that had them all).  I expect I'd have to find a rather old Bur to get what I want, and then condition would undoubtedly be an issue.  As 'tis, this humble offering from the venerable J.C. Penny out Burberrys any current Burberry I've come across, and though I'd have paid to get what I want, I saved meself some money as well!

Idlefellow":qplkdo0m said:
The end of the saga.  The coat arrived and it's everything I remembered.  Fabric seems much beefier than the Burberry I had and returned, and it has ALL the features and styling of what I remember from old Burberrys (the one I returned just had SOME of them, and that seems the case in most of those I've found; never could find a Bur that had them all).  I expect I'd have to find a rather old Bur to get what I want, and then condition would undoubtedly be an issue.  As 'tis, this humble offering from the venerable J.C. Penny out Burberrys any current Burberry I've come across, and though I'd have paid to get what I want, I saved meself some money as well!
I would let Burberry know, forthwith. :twisted: :lol: