But which ones do you LIKE?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
So I thought it would be good to show which snuffs that I ordered struck the most positive note. I'm going to copy my lists to here and then "bold" the ones I was really was impressed with.

List 1. (just copy the list of your ordered items to here):

1 x Wilsons Best Dark
1 x Wilsons Grand Cairo
1 x Wilsons Ice Licorice
1 x Wilsons Royal George
1 x Wilsons Aniseed Eucalyptus
1 x McChrystal's Hops

I would order the bold face snuffs again. It's just that simple.

OH!  And just to give you a yardstick of sorts, my favorite snuff is Sam Gawith Apricot. I've tried a zillion, liked a number of them very much, but Gawith/Poschl Apricot is my number one, and by quite a margin.

gawith_apricot_big.jpg

Ice Licorice & Poschl's Gawith Apricot for me. Those are probably my two favorite mentholated snuffs. I think I get a bit more mileage out of the licorice, but I enjoy the complex flavor and mentholated burn of the Poschl Gawith, and how the burn gradually transitions from menthol to fruit.

Always enjoyed Crumbs of Comfort too.

I adore the South African snuffs. Very coarse and easy on the nose, lots of ammonia and cow manure, and just enough menthol to add a fresh finish without overwhelming the tobacco. NTSU is my favorite followed by Taxi.

Of the European snuffs, F&T Santo Domingo and SG Elmo's Reserve are favorites. Elmo's is like snorting 1792 flake.

I see what you did there, Hoss. Unfortunately I can't remember all the stuff I've ordered, other than to say I think I've tried all types, if not countries of origin. The only ones I am absolutely certain that I will order again are Poschl's Gletscher Prise and Packard Club.

sisyphus":hpk0ssag said:
I adore the South African snuffs. Very coarse and easy on the nose, lots of ammonia and cow manure, and just enough menthol to add a fresh finish without overwhelming the tobacco. NTSU is my favorite followed by Taxi.

Of the European snuffs, F&T Santo Domingo and SG Elmo's Reserve are favorites. Elmo's is like snorting 1792 flake.
You either love the South African snuffs or hate them, it seems. I'm on your side, though...really pungent with a nice kick.