Butane Question

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsmoke

Reaction score
I know all of you veteran pipe smokers out there will have an answer for this question. I just purchased an Old Boy lighter and was wondering if the Colibri butane was acceptable fuel for it? So far the Colibri fuel is the highest quality that I can find.

Bill

I have used it and it as long as it is the premium it is ok. Want to make sure it is at least triple refined. I have had trouble finding butane locally so I order from www.cigarinternational.com. They carry the Vector brand of butane that is refined 5 times so ultra pure. Can get two large cans for about $12.

:)

only brand around here is lava,,,five times refined,,,but who knows,,,works fine so far,,almost two years,,,,

Today I bought a 300 ml tin of Xikar Premium Butane... it says "near zero impurities"... but have been using Zippo Premium butane. Not sure what the Xikar will be like though...

Another vote for Colibri and Vector. Trying out a small canister of Zippo premium now and seems to be just as good. A large canister of Vector lasts a looong time and doesn't cost much either. It is too large for taking on a trip though.

Jim

Thanks everyone. I knew that I would get an experienced answer. The knowledge on this board is awesome.

Bill :pipe:

arcticsmoke":r8zaugxd said:
Thanks everyone. I knew that I would get an experienced answer. The knowledge on this board is awesome.

Bill :pipe:
Bill,
I also use an Old Boy with Colibri. Where I live, it's the only available. No problems yet in over a year with the old boy. Vector is supposed to be IT when it comes to butane. If I could get it, I will probably try it.

I'm going to re-read the previous postings, I think Tennesee posted a link worth checking out.

dbreazeale":avspm0i4 said:
I throw my vote to Vector quintuple refined, as well.
For the price at the website posted, why not go for it. The price is about what I pay for Colibri locally. I'm just thinking there is special fees to ship it. Need to check on that.

Texas Outlaw":s199pq9p said:
dbreazeale":s199pq9p said:
I throw my vote to Vector quintuple refined, as well.
For the price at the website posted, why not go for it. The price is about what I pay for Colibri locally. I'm just thinking there is special fees to ship it. Need to check on that.

I don't recall any special shipping fees since they have to ship it by ground.