Butane

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thomas james":yjta3q2o said:
Is there anything :joker: does not know?
Hell yes! ...but knowing such factoidal stuff is no virtue in itself. Methinks the only real virtue associated with "knowing" it is in the process of learning—specifically in the desire to learn. I regret to say that it's not a universal desire, especially among "grown-ups". Alas, I frequently observe an aversion to learning in my fellow humanoids, a characteristic commonly found among people who are educated beyond their intelligence.

Anyhow, everything in my last post in this thread was the result of a few minutes of Googling and some correspondence with the folks at Ronson. Anybody could have done it.

Vito :joker:

Justpipes":k5rudcjq said:
...I have a cheap Imco G77R pipe lighter that I have been using for maybe 7-8 years now. Works like a champ! I have hinted around about an Old Boy for Christmas or Birthdays but it hasn't happened yet. Who knows, maybe this is the year. I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money myself on a lighter when I could put it towards a pipe.........LOL!
Mark:

I'm totally with you on that one. It's hard to beat an IMCO for basic, reliable service. Ironically, they're far more durable than many lighters that cost several times as much. I keep one in my truck, and it never lets me down.

I've tried all kinds of lighters with electronic ignition. There's only one that hasn't broken after years of use—the Zippo Multi-Purpose Lighter. I'd buy another one of those, but I'm done blowing money on stuff that breaks. I'll save my bux for pipes and weed. :mrgreen:

Vito :joker:

I looked closely at the Dunhill butane bottle and found the volume; 3.04 fl. ozs. The Vector bottle contains 12 fl. ozs. 6.99/Dunhill vs 8.99/Vector. You get 4 times as much for only a third more in cost. Quite a substantial savings. Some months ago, I googled up a lighter repair service that said the leading cause of butane lighter failure was bad butane. They specifically recommended BOTH Dunhill and Vector.

So, there you have it. Encyclopoedia Vittanica and tj disclosing all relevancies of the critically important butane issue.

End of story.

Now. Go Ye forth and fill the world with smoke, so sayeth the tj.